Microsoft releases Windows 10 Cumulative update KB4559004 to fix problems with File Explorer, LTE connectivity and more
Microsoft has released Windows 10 Cumulative update KB4559004 for Versions 1903 and 1909. The update KB4559004 with Builds 18363.997/18362.997 for versions 1909/1903 brings a new File explorer feature that allows us to delete previous search terms from the search box.
The KB4559004 non-security preview cumulative update comes with fixes for File Explorer and an issue that caused Windows 10 computers with wireless wide area network (WWAN) LTE modems to lose Internet connectivity after installing the May KB4556799 update.
Highlights of the Update:
- Updates an issue that might cause the Magnifier to stop working in Microsoft Excel in certain scenarios. As a result, Microsoft Excel might also stop working.
- Updates File Explorer to allow you to delete previous terms from the search box.
- Updates an issue that causes File Explorer to stop working when you browse directories of raw images and other file types.
- Updates an issue that prevents the system from recognizing the Windows Hello face camera.
- Updates an issue that might prevent a Windows 10 device from reaching the internet when using a wireless wide area network (WWAN) LTE modem.
- Updates an issue that prevents family safety features, such as time limits and activity reporting, from working on ARM64 devices.
The Windows 10 1903/1909 KB4556799 cumulative update was released on May 12th and it led to some Windows 10 devices using WWAN LTE modems not being able to connect to the Internet although the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) showed an “Internet access” status. Microsoft acknowledged this issue on May 22 saying that it affected both client (Windows 10, version 1909; Windows 10, version 1903) and server (Windows Server, version 1909; Windows Server, version 1903) platforms.
Check the improvements and other fixes that Microsoft has fixed with this update:
In addition to the LTE issues, this cumulative update also fixes bugs that froze File Explorer when viewing a folder that contains raw images and that prevented you from deleting previous searchers Those who haven’t yet installed the latest Windows 10 SSU will have to download and install the standalone SSU package through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.