Vibe UI 1.5 Rooting and Installing Google Applications on Lenovo S650
Vibe UI 1.5 Rooting and Installing Google Applications on Lenovo S650 – This guide actually continuance from the guide Official Custom Lenovo S650 Vibe ui v1.5 + Root + Gapps, but after sometime i browse on net there is many people difficult to ROOT and install Google Applications on Vibe UI 1.5. Because of that reason i will try to write step by step how to rooting and install google applications on Vibe UI v1.5, this guide never been try on Vibe UI 2.0 but if you have experience in flashing or mod android ROM maybe you can try it and give us the feedback. This guide has possibility to brick your device so please make backup preparation for ROM and your IMEI.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- TWRP_v184.108.40.206_S650_CN ↦ 6.4 Mb, custom recovery for use in CN firmware only and this will replace your standard Lenovo recovery.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- 4.4Root ↦ 546 Kb, contains root installer for rooting Android 4.4.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ 8.3 Mb, upgrade tool for Lenovo S650
- Gapps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed ↦ 20 Mb, contains main google applications and google framework service that allow device to use google services.
- Download all required files and place it on the same folder, for easy organized it. Important thing is to make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your pc.
- Move or copy 4.4Root and Gapps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed to your external SD Card, don’t place inside the folder paste on the SD Card root.
- Extract Flash Tool and TWRP v220.127.116.11 and go to flash tool extracted folder, run Flash_Tool.exe if you are running windows 7 or windows 8 then please run with administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Chiecksum option, and then click on the Scatter-Loading button and point it to TWRP v18.104.22.168 extracted folder and select target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt. This action will automatically loaded recovery.img to flash tool.
- When everything set up, click Download button or press F9. It will trigger warning information that inform not all images loaded correctly, just confirm with click Yes button.
- Now turn off your phone and remove the battery, when you ready connect your phone to your computer and flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will only take 10-15 seconds. If you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean process already finish.
- Disconnect your device, but don’t turn it on first. Now press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down until you can see TWRP main menu.
- On the TWRP main menu select Install ↦ Choose Zip from SD Card ↦ point it to Gapps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed.zip ↦ Swipe to Install, wait until installation process finish and back to TWRP main menu again. ↦ this process will install google service to your device.
- Select Install ↦ Choose Zip from SD Card ↦ point it to 4.4Root.zip ↦ Swipe to Install and wait until finish. Back to TWRP main menu again and Reboot.
- Done, your device will reboot and first boot will take about 5-6 minutes to finish just wait and see. Go to home screen and confirm that you have running well google applications on your applications drawer.