Upgrade Lenovo S920 Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat Vibe UI
Like his little brother Lenovo S930 has already had Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat Vibe UI on custom ROM, now Lenovo S920 can taste Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat flavor through Vibe UI 1.5. A lot of people got boot loop after installing the custom recovery, the got boot-loop because they previous ROM is ROW (International Version) this Vibe UI v1.5 can only be installed from CN ROM, So if you in ROW then you need to change your ROM to CN first.
Update Article :
Lenovo S920 Upgrade Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 with Gapps + Root (10-07-2014)
Change Log :
- Fix baseband 2 – Fully Working
- Original Kit Kat Android 4.4.2
- Remove miscellaneous apps
- Remove the Chinese browser, calculator, calendar and a lot of un use apps. If you need any of Chinese apps you can install it through recovery.
- Root needs to be install/flash through recovery.
- Replace SIM 2 baseband V23 row
- Language CN / EN
This ROM required to install through TWRP custom Recovery, Gor report problem on CWM custom Recovery flashing. Recommended to using TWRP custom Recovery and forget about CWM custom Recovery.
- VIBEUI_V1.5_1415_2_FixBaseband or VIBEUI_V1.5_1415 or VIBEUI_V1.5 1419 (Newest Update)
- TWRP Custom Recovery
- Mobile-uncle MTK Tools
- Xposed Framework & Gravity Box kit-kat
- Gapps Full Package
- Root File
- It will automatically found TWRP Custom Recovery (recovery-cn.img). Install the recovery until the finished device will reboot automatically and boot to recovery mode.
- From TWRP Custom Recovery select Wipe Data / Factory Reset this will delete all user data, then select Wipe Cache Partition. This step prevents any problem after installation.
- Back to the main menu select Install Zip from sd card > Choose Zip from sd card and navigate to VIBEUI_V1.5_1415_2_FixBaseband. Select Yes on all warning until installation begins.
- It required 1-3 minutes to finish the installation process. Back to the main menu again select Install Zip from sd card > Choose Zip from sd card and navigate to Gapps Full Package this step will install Google Applications to your new ROM.
- Repeat step 6 to install Xposed Framework & Gravity Box KitKat or Root File, this step is optional you can skip this step if you don’t wanna root your device.
- After finish installing all the required files, reboot your device. First boot will require some time so please be patient.