Update OTA for Lenovo P780 International Version Firmware S228_ROW – Update for Lenovo P780 is out with build number P780_S228_ROW_150112, this update will fix any bugs on the previous version.
This update can be obtain with OTA only and can be install only if your previous system have build number S227_ROW_141219 without any modification on system, it means you can only install this update package with Lenovo standard recovery. You can check this update on your system update and obtain the file with your device, but if you feel harder then you can follow this guide to update your device.
If you device already rooted, after this update you need to root your device again because this update will remove the binary Su and root application, this method not harm to try so don’t required to backup your data or backup your ROM but it good if you have backup for your data and your ROM.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
ROM Description :
- Build Number : P780_S228_ROW_150112
- Date : 12.01.2015
- OS : Android KitKat 4.4.2
- Languages : Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus (formerly CIS), is not intended to Malaysia, Vietnam, Turkey and so on – they have different firmware and it is not ready yet
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- Current firmware installed on your device must be P780_S227_ROW_141219
- Still using Lenovo standard recovery, If you already change it then you can follow to this guide Restoring Standard Recovery
- Sometime after update firmware your device become bootloop, so it need to do data backup before update your system.
- P780_S228_ROW_150112 ↦ 10 Mb, this update package contains require files to update your firmware to the latest version.
- Download update package to your pc, extract the archive and you will get file named update.zip
- Move update.zip to your external SD card, don’t put inside the folder place it on the root of your SD card, don’t extract the update.zip leave it like this.
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode, you can do it with press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button
- Installation will begin automatically once you log to recovery mode, wait until finish and the reboot your device.
- If you got bootloop when try to turn on your device (Stuck on Lenovo Logo), then you need to do factory reset. Press red button on the back case or go to recovery mode and select Factory Reset / Wipe Data
- Reboot and success