Update Manual Lenovo K3 Note with Android Lollipop 5.0 Vibe_UI_2.5 – Welcome back to Lenovo Modding blog, today tutorial will show how to update new device Lenovo K3 Note with Vibe UI 2.5 that already use Android Lollipop 5.0 as it operating system. For Vibe UI 2.5 Lenovo K3 Note or K50-T5 still don’t have international firmware version so it still use china firmware version that have some drawbacks, you can see at rom description below.
Before following the guide need to tell that every modification on firmware has possibility to brick your device and also losing data, i don’t take responsible if that happen while you following this guide, take your own risk.
If you ready than let start the guide and begin to enjoy the material design from Android Lollipop 5.0.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
ROM descriptions :
- Build Number : K50-T5_USR_ST1524_5.955.1_1506091626
- Date : 09.06.2015
- OS : Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Language : English and Chinese
- Google Applications : –
- Root : Not
- Type : Full image for flash tool installation method.
- Computer with windows 7 or lower, not guarantee will work with windows 8 or later, recommend to use windows 7
- Charge your device until it has 70% battery.
- Installation for USB VCOM driver, for install USB VCOM driver just follow below step :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off wait like 20 seconds after power off the device
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- K50-T5_USR_ST1524_5.955.1_1506091626 ↦ 964Mb, contains all files that needed to update your devices to Android Lollipop 5.0
- USB VCOM driver ↦ must be completely installed before can continued to the next step.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1428 ↦ flash tool that can be use to flashing firmware to your devices.
- Download all required files from above links, place it on one folder for easy organized it. example C:K3Note
- Extract ROM folder and flash tool folder, you will get 2 folders, flash tool folder and target_bin folder, go to flash tool folder and run flash_tool.exe. If you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, please go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download please make sure DA DL All with Checksum already checked, click X (Close) to back to Flash Tool, this option is very important so please don’t forget it.
- Now please click on the Scatter-Loading button and point it to ROM extracted folder and the select MT6752_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this will automatically loaded all required images file to update your device, Please wait until flash tool finish processing the image files and become stand by.
- Change Download option from Download Only to Firmware Upgrade mode, now you can press Download button or hit CTRL+D. Flash tool will initialize the files that add to the flash tool and when finish flash tool will ready to make connection with your device.
- When flash tool already finish and stand by, now please turn off your device and remove the battery if your devices using no removable battery than you must make sure that device is completely turn off. Connect your device to computer using USB cable, flash tool will immediately recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish
- Done, you have successful update your Lenovo K3 Note with Vibe UI 2.5, please confirm it with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone and look at the Build Number it must be same with the downloaded ROM.