Update Lenovo S860 with S209_140529 Android Kit Kat ROW Version
Update Lenovo S860 with S209_140529 Android Kit Kat ROW Version – Before this posting i have been post about the same topic, but in my previous post Lenovo S860 update using CN firmware, because when i wrote that the ROW version firmware not yet released. Now i will write on how to update your Lenovo S860 with Android Kit Kat ROW version, but this also still using Vibe UI v1.5 same like CN version different is this release already include Google applications and don’t contains any chinese aplications. This update can also be obtain with OTA method, if your previous ROM is S860_ROW_S116_140405, not ROOTED and still using Lenovo recovery.
This guide is about installing new system files to your device so it will erase all your data on device and it has possibility to brick your device, so do with careful.
If your phone from china with 1GB memory, then after apply this update you must flash the modem file (Root ↦ TWRP ↦ modem), Otherwise your 3G will not work and sometimes the left SIM slot will not work too.
- Build Number : S860_ROW_S209_140529
- Date Release : 29-05-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Vibe UI v1.5 interface
- New System Interface Update
- Battery Optimized
- Update Almost all applications from Lenovo
- Include Google Applications
- S860_ROW_S209_140529 ↦ Size 1.12 GB, this is an full images ROM files, contains all required files to flashing your device.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash_Tool_v3.1324 ↦ Optional download, it already include on ROM files. But in case there is a problem we still have backup it.
- Download all required files and extract it on the same folder, this is for easy to organize it. The most important from this guide is installing USB VCOM Driver, so please make sure you already successful installing before do the next step.
- Open SP Flash_Tool_v3.1324 extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe for user with windows 7 please run it with administrator privilege, tick on DA DL All with Check Sum option. This is very important option please don’t forget to do it.
- Click on Scatter-Loading button, and point it to S860_ROW_S209_140529/target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this action will load all required files to SP Flash Tool and ready to do flashing process.
- When all already set up, click Download button or hit F9. SP Flash Tool will begin initialize and will be on stand by mode waiting to your device to be found.
- Turn off your device, wait until 25-30 seconds until you feel that your device already completely turn off, connect your device with USB cable, If you already success install USB VCOM Driver then SP Flash Tool will immediate recognize your device and begin to start the flashing process. Flashing process mark with RED, PURPLE, and YELLOW bar on the buttom the SP Flash Tool.
- When you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of SP Flash Tool, then you can disconnect your device. It mean flashing process already finish with successful.
- Done, confirm it with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone the software version must be same with the downloaded version.