Update Lenovo S860 with Latest ROW Firmware ROW_S308_140818
Update Lenovo S860 with Latest ROW Firmware ROW_S308_140818 – This guide is about how to re flashing your devices with the new latest ROM release for international users (2GB RAM), this ROM also can be use for China device (1GB RAM) but always change the modem file after successful flashing this ROM. This update can also be obtain using OTA from System Setting ↦ System Update but you need standard Lenovo recovery on S306_ROW firmware. Even this firmware is official release for International devices, this guide still have possibility to brick your devices so please do backup prepare before following this guide, And for China devices please consider to backup modem file and current firmware.
If your phone from china with 1GB memory, then after apply this update you must flash the modem file (Root ↦ TWRP ↦ modem), Otherwise your 3G will not work and sometimes the left SIM slot will not work too.
ROM Description :
- Build Number : S860_ROW_S308_140818
- Date Release : 18-08-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Language : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- Menu Button Light (On, Automatic, Off) – can be access from System Setting ↦ Display ↦ Menu Button Light
- S860_ROW_S308_140818 ↦ 1.03 GB, contains full images file that needed to flashing / update your devices
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this is optional download, you can also found flash tool inside the ROM folder.
- Download all required files above, place it on the one folder for easy organized it. Please make sure USB VCOM driver are completely installed on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract downloaded ROM file, and you will found 4 folders. Just use target_bin ↦ this folder contains all images files and S860_ROW_Flash_Tool_v3.1324.0.177_PreloadUpdate ↦ this is flash tool folder.
- Go to flash tool folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege. On the flash tool please check DA DL All with Checksum option this must be checked, now click on the Scatter-Loading button and point it to target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, once loaded this will automatic load all required files to flash tool.
- Finish configure flash tool, now you can press Download Button or hit F9 , this will make flash tool become stand by and ready to received connection from your device. If there is process to initialize than wait until finish and flash tool become stand by.
- Now turn off your device, since Lenovo S860 use non removable battery you must wait until completely turn off, error on flashing process will make you remove the back cover to remove the battery. Connect your device to your computer and if USB VCOM driver completely installed then flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start installation process.
- Installation process will take 5-6 minutes to finish, when you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool than you can disconnect your device, and it mean your already finish.
- Turn on your device, the first boot will be take around 4-5 minutes to complete wait until it completely show your desktop / home screen. Verify the build number on the System Settings ↦ About Phone ↦ Build Number make sure it same with the download file.
- Now you need to do factory reset and set your home country, open Dialer and dial #### 682 #, the phone will be reboot and apply country code to recovery. After completely start open Dialer again and dial ####8888## this will do factory reset.