Update Lenovo S850 with the Latest Android KitKat ROW Version ROW_S211
Update Lenovo S850 with the Latest Android KitKat ROW Version ROW_S211 – An update for Lenovo S850 now can be obtained either by OTA method or using PC method, for OTA update it required your to have ROW_S210 for your current firmware and Lenovo standard recovery. Today guide will show you how to update your Lenovo S850 with the latest official update using PC method.
This current firmware reported suitable for devices purchased for china and europe, but please make your own backup preparations before start to following this guide. This guide will erase your data from your devices and have possibility to brick your devices, very consider it before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S850_ROW_S211_140923
- Date : 23-09-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- S850_ROW_S211_140923 ↦ 1.1 Gb, contains all required file to update your Lenovo S850, this ROM file can only be use for PC method updated only.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ Optional download, flash tool already include on ROM download
- Download all required files to upgrade your Lenovo S850 to your computer, place it on one folder for easy organize it. First you must make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed completely before continued to the next step.
- Extract downloaded ROM, you will get 4 folders. Just need target_bin and flash_tool folder ignore other, go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe please use administrator privilege if you are using windows 7 or later to avoid permission error.
- On the flash tool, please give check on DA DL All with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button, point it to target_bin and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, this action will automatically load all required files to flash tool.
- When everything is set up, just press Download button and flash tool will initialize for 1-2 minutes after that become stand by and ready to receive connection with your device.
- Turn off your device, because Lenovo S850 use non removable battery, so you need to wait until it completely turn off, connect your device when ready. Flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish, so please be patient. When you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool, that mean flashing process already finish and you can disconnect your device.
- Done, just disconnect your device and try to make first boot. First boot will longer it will be around 5-6 minutes please be patient, after successful boot go to Dialer and dial ####682# to change your regional code, phone wil reboot to recovery mode and apply the regional setting.
- After succesful normal boot go to Dialer again and press ####777# to factory reset your device