Update Lenovo S850 to the Latest International Firmware ROW_S215 – Latest international version firmware for Lenovo S850 already available to install using flash tool method, and today i will post how to update your Lenovo S850 or flashing Lenovo S850 to the latest firmware using flash tool method.
This guide will show you the step by step how using flash tool to upgrade or downgrade your device firmware, this guide is dangerous to be follow if you don’t know anything about Android because playing Android ROM on your device is very dangerous. This guide will update your Lenovo S850 to the latest international firmware version with build number S850_ROW_S215_150114, This is for Lenovo S850 buy on outside china country but this firmware reported also compatible with Lenovo S850 buy inside china country.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, Until now i still cannot fix Lenovo S850 that have signal lost problem so do with your own risk (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S850_ROW_S215_150114
- Date : 14.01.2015
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Vibe UI v1.5)
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Not
- S850_ROW_S215_150114 ↦ 1.1 Gb, this download contains everything you need to update your device to ROW_S215
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this flash tool is optional download, you already got this flash tool on ROM download but it very recommended to use only this version.
- First that you need to do is to make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your computer and make sure it work.
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- Installing firmware to your device
- Changing country code, After flashing new firmware is success you need to change regional code or factory reset your devices :
- go to dialer and dial ####862#
- Choose RU or UA
- Confirm, the phone will reboot and install the region code on recovery mode.
- go to dialer and dial ####777#
- this will do factory reset on your device.
- Done. Confirm your build number, it must be same with downloaded ROM