Update Lenovo S850, Dump Firmware International Version ROW_S216
Update Lenovo S850, Dump Firmware International Version ROW_S216 – This is firmware update for Lenovo S850 with the build number S850_ROW_S216_150206, this build number is official release from Lenovo but file in this guide is not official from Lenovo, it a dump of the firmware that update over the air to S216.
Today guide will help you update Lenovo S850 to the international firmware version S216, this guide is using flash tool to update Lenovo S850 so it will erase your data and has possibility to brick your device, don’t follow this guide if you don’t know what you are doing.
Possible to do full backup for your system ROM and IMEI before following this guide, european device and china device reported compatible with this firmware but for china device need to replace modem file.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, Until now i still cannot fix Lenovo S850 that have signal lost problem so do with your own risk (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S850_ROW_S216_150206
- Date : 06.02.2015
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google applications : Include
- Root : No
- Type : Full image, flash tool installation.
- S850_ROW_S216_150206 ↦ 1.2 Gb, contains full image of the firmware, include flash tool also.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this flash tool is optional download, you already got this flash tool on ROM download but it very recommended to use only this version.
Your computer must already installed with USB VCOM driver, without this driver flash tool will not recognize your device. For installing USB Vcom driver please refer to this below :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- When you often visit to my blog and read flashing guide, you must be known what you must to do to flashing your device. So first time you must to do is make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed properly because we use flash tool.
- Download all required files that needed to your computer, extract ROM download. Go to extracted folder and open flash tool folder, run the flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please use administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option this is must checked option so please don’t forget it. Click Scatter-Loading button browse to target_bin folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt file, when you select it will automatically load the rest files to flash tool.
- When everything is set just press Firmware ↦ Upgrade button or press F8, flash tool will begin to prepare the files that will be used for flashing process, wait until finish.
- Now turn off your device, because Lenovo S850 use non removable battery you must make sure that it completely turn off. Connect your device to your computer, flash tool will recognize the device and starting flashing process, the process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you can see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish successfully
- Done, disconnect your device. Boot you device, first time boot will take longer so please be patient. Go to dialer and dial ####682# this will pop up a regional setting, search your country if you cannot found just cancel it. Then open dialer again and dial ####777# this will do factory reset to your device.
- Finish, go to About Phone ↦ Software Information look at build number make sure that you have same with the downloaded ROM.