Update Lenovo P780 with Android KitKat using OTA Method (P780_ROW_S223)
Update Lenovo P780 with Android KitKat using OTA Method (P780_ROW_S223) – Today guide is about to update Lenovo P780, but now it will using OTA (Over the Air) method, this means this guide don’t need computer but it need required some conditions must be fit with your device. This guide will update your Lenovo P780 to version ROW_S223 this is the latest version that has been released. Please make sure that your device is meets the requirements before applying this update, because even using OTA method this update also have possibility to brick your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- Current firmware is P780_ROW_S222, this can be obtain with by following this guide Update Lenovo P780 with Official ROW Android KitKat
- No change on Lenovo Standard Recovery file, It mean you cannot use CWM or TWRP. If you already install these custom recovery than you must get back to Lenovo Standard Recovery.
- No Root allowed.
- Battery minimum 50 %
- Update_P780_ROW_8G_S223_140901 ↦ 241 Mb, this is an update file not a full ROM file so cannot be use to install a new device 8GB.
- Update_P780_ROW_4GB_S223_140901 ↦ 683 Mb, this is an update file not a full ROM file so cannot be use to install a new device 4GB.
- Download update file above and save it to your computer, extract it and move or copy update.zip to your SD Card, do not rename or copy it inside folder, copy to the root of your SD Card.
- Check first your current firmware and make sure already meets the requirements, go to System Setting ↦ About Phone
- If your device already meets the requirements, let start to update your device. Now turn off your device this will make it easy to boot to recovery mode. This update will erase ROOT access on your device and need to be re-ROOT.
- Turn on your device but with press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, release it when you boot to recovery mode.
- Update will start automatically, just wait until finish.
- Done, now you can restart your device and boot normally to current home screen. Verify with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone make sure the firmware version same with the downloaded.