Update Lenovo A536 with the International Firmware version A536_S186_150813_ROW – After quite long time not updating this blog, today i try to update this blog with the new firmware for Lenovo A536. This firmware have build number A536_S186_150813_ROW and it international firmware version, so it contains many languages and have google play store install on it.
Actually this build number can achieve by using OTA update from international firmware with build number A536_S179_150403_ROW. Today i will show how to update Lenovo A536 with international firmware version using offline method or using flash tool, but always remember this guide is have possibility to brick your device so please be careful and do with your own risk.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial, only for International or ROW firmware . Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone (DWYOR)
- A536_S186_150813_ROW ↦ 893 Mb, contains full images for updating your device to build number A536_S186_150813_ROW
- USB Vcom driver ↦ this needed to be installed first, without this flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will remaining at 0%
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ flash tool for use with the recovery image, recommend to use this version only.
- For update Lenovo A536 with firmware version ROW_S175, you computer first must be already installed with USB VCOM driver, to install it please follow bellow step by step :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- After finish installing USB VCOM driver now it time to update your device, extract and run flash tool.exe. If you using windows 7 or later please run it as administrator to avoid any permission error. Go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and please make sure that DA DL All with Checksum option is already checked, this is must do step so please don’t forget it.
- Close the Options window and back to flash tool, click on Scatter-Loading button, browse it target_bin folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt. This action will automatically load all necessary images to flash tool.
- Now change Download Only on download option to Firmware Upgrade, then press on Download button or hit CTRL+D. Once you press the button flash tool will on ready state and waiting connection from your device.
- Turn off your device and please remove the battery, when you are ready please connect your device to computer using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize it and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and will finish if you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool.
- Done, Disconnect your device, insert battery and turn it on. After successful booting please confirm that you have same Build Number with the downloaded ROM, Do factory reset on System Setting ↦ Backup & Reset ↦ Factory Reset and press Reset Phone this will erase all your data please remove SD Card.