How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro Android Smartphone
The bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device is powered on to activate the right operating system. It is therefore not only a trait reserved for Android but also one that can find out all devices with an operating, be it a smartphone, a tablet, a PC, etc. It may occur that a device, a computer for example, maybe equipped with two different operating systems (dual boot). In this case, either one or the other bootloader starts, depending on the user’s preference or what has been pre-programmed to happen automatically.
Before starting you must follow the below-given steps:
- Make sure you have taken a complete backup of your smartphone.
- Install the working USB drivers for your device on your PC.
- You should have at least 60% of the battery on your smartphone.
Download the ADB and Fastboot file from here
Download the latest OnePlus USB drivers
Follow the below steps to Unlock the Bootloader
- Unlock Developer Option: Go to Settings >> About Phone >> Tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer options.
- Connect your OnePlus 8/8 Pro with PC using a USB cable. you might get a USB Debugging Authorization popup. Tap on “Allow”.
- Open the command prompt and locate the ADB folder in the window.
- After locating the ADB folder on CMD type ” adb reboot bootloader “ this will boot your device into Fastboot Mode
- To unlock the Bootloader of your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro type ” fastboot ’em unlock “
- After this, a confirmation message will prompt on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the “Unlock the Bootloader” option and then hit the power key to confirm the decision.
- With that step, you would have unlocked the bootloader. Your device will then boot to Fastboot mode. To reboot it to the Android OS type ” fastboot reboot “
Hurry!!! You have successfully unlocked Bootloader on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro Android smartphone.