Top 5 Best Hacking Simulators for Hackers to test their hacking skills
Hacking refers to activities that seek to compromise digital devices, such as computers, smartphones, tablets, and even entire networks. And while hacking might not always be for malicious purposes, nowadays most references to hacking, and hackers, characterize it/them as unlawful activity by cybercriminals—motivated by financial gain, protest, information gathering (spying), and even just for the “fun” of the challenge.
Many think that “hacker” refers to some self-taught whiz kid or rogue programmer skilled at modifying computer hardware or software so it can be used in ways outside the original developers’ intent. But this is a narrow view that doesn’t begin to encompass the wide range of reasons why someone turns to ‘hacking’.
Hacking includes techniques like Botnets, Browser hijacks, Denial of service (DDoS) attacks, Ransomware, Rootkits, Trojans, Viruses, and Worms. These techniques are used to test the security of any data, the server load, malware protection, Virus detection rate, and much more. Hacking has a wide view if you take it in a positive way, well, here are Top 5 Hacking Emulators which can help you learn to hack, practice hacking techniques, test your hacking skills and much more.
What is Hacking Simulator?
Hacking Simulator is a platform where you can practice your Hacking skills, you can execute and learn hacking techniques on these simulators. Some hacking simulators also provide global rankings, that is you can check at what position your skills are ranked in the world. The hacking simulator is always the best place to spend and test your hacking skills and simulate the attacks.
Note: Android Rookies does not support illegal hacking and the information was shared for educational/knowledge purposes.
Top 5 Best Hacking Simulators
1. Hackmud Hacking Simulator: Hackmud is a cyberpunk-themed text-based hacking simulator for intel-compatible personal home computers. Get lost in a deep and complex world full of challenging puzzles.
In Hackmud simulator you can make friends and enemies as you explore the depths of abandoned future internet cyber-structure, Navigate the strange trials laid out for you by the Multi-User Domain’s governing cyber-super-intelligence, ‘The Trust’, ‘Patch into the hardline’ to access protected systems and steal their digital goods, Prove your worth to The Trust and escape the virtual L.A.N, Create and destroy digital empires while exploring the user-created multiplayer world.
Official Website: Hackmud
- Nuanced and engaging storyline
- Retro-futuristic text-based computing visuals
- 90s film style ‘hacking mode’
- Immersive soundtrack
- A persistent and constantly-evolving game world with user-created content
- Global game economy
2. Hack The Box: Hack The Box is an online platform allowing you to test your penetration testing skills and exchange ideas and methodologies with thousands of people in the security field. Click below to hack our invite challenge, then get started on one of our many live machines or challenges.
Official Website: Hack The Box
3. OverTheWire: Bandit Hacking Simulator: Bandit Hacking Simulators is built completely for the beginners. If the user is passionate about hacking and lacks the technical skills then this is the right hacking simulator for the user. This simulator has 34 levels, like any other simulator your achievement in hacking missions will increase your level subsequently.
Users may at times feel they are up against a wall and no way to proceed, but the simulator is designed in such a way to make the beginners understand the basics.
Above all, this Hacking Simulators is absolutely free and is an excellent educational tool to kick start your journey as a hacker.
Official Website: OverTheWire: Bandit Hacking Simulator
4. Uplink Hacking Simulator: Uplink begins with a story mode, where you play the role of an agent whose job is to work for major corporations which includes hacking routines like breaking into competitors networks and systems, stealing confidential data, erasing those data, sabotaging, money laundry or sneaking out of the act by framing innocent users.
This role develops and the agent starts earning money for his actions, by which you can upgrade your systems, software, develop your skills, and increase your agent level.
With an increase in your agent’s level, you will be offered more complicated and critical projects for better profit. With the variety of missions and hacking projects, this game is more of the Grand Theft Auto version of the hacking list.
Uplink is a Steam Powered Simulator that can be added from here
5. NITE Team 4 Hacking Simulator: NITE Team 4 is a hacking simulation and strategy game with Alternate Reality Game elements connected to The Black Watchmen universe. You play as a new recruit in the sophisticated hacking cell, Network Intelligence & Technical Evaluation (NITE) Team 4.
Engaged in cyberwarfare with black hat groups and hostile states, you will be in a struggle to penetrate highly secure targets. Your job is to use the STINGER hacking platform to infiltrate hardened computer networks and coordinate strike teams on the ground to carry out missions that feature real espionage tradecraft terminology taken from leaked NSA documents.
Features of NITE Team 4
- HACKING SUITE
- IN THE FIELD
- RICH STORY
- ALTERNATE REALITY WAR GAMES
Official Website: NITE Team 4