Top 5 Best Ethical Hacking Certifications that can land you a six-figure job in IT companies
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical Hacking is an authorized practice of bypassing system security to identify potential data breaches and threats in a network. The company that owns the system or network allows Cyber Security experts to perform such activities in order to test the system’s defenses. Thus, unlike malicious hacking, this process is planned, approved, and more importantly, legal.
Ethical hackers aim to investigate the system or network for weak points that malicious hackers can exploit or destroy. They collect and analyze the information to figure out ways to strengthen the security of the system/network/applications. By doing so, they can improve the security footprint so that it can better withstand attacks or divert them.
The main motive of Ethical Hacking
- Ethical hackers avoid Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems.
- An Ethical hacker bypasses and hacks wireless encryption as well as hijacks web applications and web servers.
- Ethical hackers handle problems associated with the theft of laptops and fraud with employees.
- An ethical hacker mainly does scanning ports by looking for vulnerabilities.
- Another main job of ethical hackers is to check patch settings and ensure that these installations cannot be misused.
Top 5 Ethical Hacking Certificates
1. Certified Ethical Hacker | CEH Certification
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program is the most comprehensive ethical hacking course on the globe to help information security professionals grasp the fundamentals of ethical hacking. The course outcome helps you become a professional who systematically attempts to inspect network infrastructures with the consent of its owner to find security vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could potentially exploit.
The course helps you assess the security posture of an organization by identifying vulnerabilities in the network and system infrastructure to determine if unauthorized access is possible. The CEH is the first of a series of 3 comprehensive courses (CEH, ECSA, and the APT course) to help a cybersecurity professional master penetration testing.
Apply for CEH certification from here
2. GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
The GIAC Penetration Tester certification validates a practitioner’s ability to properly conduct a penetration test, using best practice techniques and methodologies. GPEN certification holders have the knowledge and skills to conduct exploits and engage in detailed reconnaissance, as well as utilize a process-oriented approach to penetration testing projects.
The GPEN includes Comprehensive Pen Test Planning, Scoping, and Recon, In-Depth Scanning and Exploitation, Post-Exploitation, and Pivoting, In-Depth Password Attacks, and Web App Pen Testing.
Apply for GPEN certification from here
3. CREST Certification
CREST examinations are recognized by the professional services industry and buyers as being the best indication of knowledge, skill, and competence. They are a high-level aspiration for those taking them and increasingly a mandated requirement for those hiring or buying services. CREST exams are broken down into three levels.
CREST provides a recognized career path right from your entry into the industry through to experienced senior tester level. We work with the largest number of technical information security providers who support and guide the development of our examination and career paths.
Key benefits of becoming CREST certified are:
- A structured and recognized career path
- CREST certifications are recognized by the buying community, Regulators and Governments
- CREST is the gold standard, industry-leading certification
- Join a recognized community of security professionals with opportunities to further your career development through networking and information sharing
- Employment opportunities with the information security sector
- A training, examination, and career path to suit your development and aspirations.
Apply for CREST certification from here
4. Foundstone Ultimate Hacking
Designed as the natural follow-on course to Ultimate Hacking and other “hacking” classes, Ultimate Hacking: Expert brings your security skills up-to-date with the latest techniques, exploits, and threats. This is an action-packed two-day hands-on course designed for the advanced security professional interested in discovering the inner workings of serious security vulnerabilities and the most effective techniques to counter them.
But don’t just listen to us – put your skills to use and learn by doing. Foundstone challenges you with countless hands-on exercises to demonstrate your expertise as you race other students to achieve the ultimate goal…getting root.
- Advanced network reconnaissance including stealth scans and identification of services running on non-standard ports
- Monitoring switched networks using arp spoofing and other techniques
- The dangers and detection of covert channels are explored using ICMP, UDP, TCP and HTTP protocols
- SQL hacking methodologies
- Advanced UNIX® configuration techniques
- Compilation and test of malicious Linux® Kernel Modules
- Client-side Attacks
- Buffer Overflow – hands on!
Apply for Foundstone Ultimate Hacking certification from here
5. Certified Penetration Testing Engineer
The CPTE course/certification has been validated by the NSA for CNSSI-4013, National Information Assurance Training Standard for System Administrators. Certified Penetration Testing Engineer graduates obtain real-world security knowledge that will enable them to recognize vulnerabilities, exploit system weaknesses, and help safeguard threats. Graduates will learn the art of Ethical Hacking with a professional edge -Penetration Testing.
This 5-day course retails for $3,000 and is delivered via classroom, live online, or self-study. The self-study course retails for $1500.
Apply for CPTE certification from here