Searching for Hacking tools? Here are Top 20 Ethical Hacking tools you can use in 2020
- 1 Searching for Hacking tools? Here are Top 20 Ethical Hacking tools you can use in 2020
- 1.1 What is Ethical Hacking?
- 1.2 Top 20 Best Ethical Hacking tools of 2020
- 1.3 Burp Suite:
- 1.4 Netsparker
- 1.5 Acunetix
- 1.6 SaferVPN
- 1.7 Ettercap:
- 1.8 Aircrack:
- 1.9 Angry IP Scanner:
- 1.10 GFI LanGuard:
- 1.11 Savvius:
- 1.12 QualysGuard:
- 1.13 WebInspect:
- 1.14 Hashcat:
- 1.15 Medusa
- 1.16 Rainbow Crack:
- 1.17 L0phtCrack:
- 1.18 IKECrack:
- 1.19 IronWASP:
- 1.20 Cain & Abel
- 1.21 SQLMap
- 1.22 NetStumbler
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical Hacking is an authorized practice of bypassing system security to identify potential data breaches and threats in a network. The company that owns the system or network allows Cyber Security experts to perform such activities in order to test the system’s defenses. Thus, unlike malicious hacking, this process is planned, approved, and more importantly, legal.
Ethical hackers aim to investigate the system or network for weak points that malicious hackers can exploit or destroy. They collect and analyze the information to figure out ways to strengthen the security of the system/network/applications. By doing so, they can improve the security footprint so that it can better withstand attacks or divert them.
Note: Using the tools for attacking other’s systems is meant to be illegal, and Android Rookies is sharing these tools for educational/Knowledgable purposes.
Top 20 Best Ethical Hacking tools of 2020
Burp Suite is a useful platform for performing the Security Testing of web applications. Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire pen testing process. It spans from initial mapping to analysis of an application’s attack surface.
It can detect over 3000 web application vulnerabilities.
- Scan open-source software and custom-built applications
- An easy to use Login Sequence Recorder allows the automatic scanning
- Review vulnerability data with built-in vulnerability management.
- Easily provide a wide variety of technical and compliance reports
- Detects Critical Vulnerabilities with 100% Accuracy
- Automated crawl and scan
- Advanced scanning feature for manual testers
- Cutting-edge scanning logic
Netsparker is an easy to use web application security scanner that can automatically find SQL Injection, XSS, and other vulnerabilities in your web applications and web services. It is available as an on-premises and SAAS solutions.
- Dead accurate vulnerability detection with the unique Proof-Based Scanning Technology.
- The minimal configuration required. The scanner automatically detects URL rewrite rules, custom 404 error pages.
- REST API for seamless integration with the SDLC, bug tracking systems, etc.
- Fully scalable solution. Scan 1,000 web applications in just 24 hours.
- Scans for all variants of SQL Injection, XSS, and 4500+ additional vulnerabilities
- Detects over 1200 WordPress core, theme, and plugin vulnerabilities
- Fast & Scalable – crawl hundreds of thousands of pages without interruptions
- Integrates with popular WAFs and Issue Trackers to aid in the SDLC
- Available On-Premises and as a Cloud solution.
SaferVPN is an indispensable tool in an Ethical hackers arsenal. You may need it to check target in different geographies, simulate non-personalized browsing behavior, anonymized file transfers, etc.
- No Log VPN with high security and anonymity
- Very fast speeds with 2000+ servers across continents
- Based in Hongkong, it does not store any data.
- Split tunneling and 5 simultaneous logins
- 24/7 support
- Supports Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, iPhone, etc.
- 300,000+ IPs
- Port Forwarding, Dedicated IO and P2P Protection
- 31 Day Money-Back Guarantee
Ettercap is an ethical hacking tool. It supports active and passive dissection includes features for network and host analysis.
- It supports active and passive dissection of many protocols
- Feature of ARP poisoning to sniff on a switched LAN between two hosts
- Characters can be injected into a server or to a client while maintaining a live connection
- Ettercap is capable of sniffing an SSH connection in full-duplex
- Allows sniffing of HTTP SSL secured data even when the connection is made using proxy
- Allows creation of custom plugins using Ettercap’s API
Aircrack is a trustable ethical hacking tool. It cracks vulnerable wireless connections. It is powered by WEP WPA and WPA 2 encryption Keys.
- More cards/drivers supported
- Support all types of OS and platforms
- New WEP attack: PTW
- Support for WEP dictionary attack
- Support for Fragmentation attack
- Improved tracking speed
Angry IP Scanner:
Angry IP Scanner is an open-source and cross-platform ethical hacking tool. It scans IP addresses and ports.
- Scans local networks as well as the Internet
- The free and open-source tool
- Random or file in any format
- Exports results in many formats
- Extensible with many data fetchers
- Provides command-line interface
- Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- No need for Installation
GFI LanGuard is an ethical tool that scan networks for vulnerabilities. It can acts as your ‘virtual security consultant’ on demand. It allows for creating an asset inventory of every device.
- It helps to maintain a secure network over time is to know which changes are affecting your network and
- Patch management: Fix vulnerabilities before an attack
- Analyze network centrally
- Discover security threats early
- Reduce the cost of ownership by centralizing vulnerability scanning
- Help to maintain a secure and compliant network
It is an ethical hacking tool. It performance issues and reduces security risk with the deep visibility provided by Omnipeek. It can diagnose network issues faster and better with Savvius packet intelligence.
- Powerful, easy-to-use network forensics software
- Savvius automates the capture of the network data required to quickly investigate security alerts
- Software and integrated appliance solutions
- Packet intelligence combines deep analysis
- Rapid resolution of network and security issues
- Easy to use Intuitive workflow
- Expert and responsive technical support
- Onsite deployment for appliances
- Commitment to our customers and our products
Qualys guard helps businesses streamline their security and compliance solutions. It also builds security into their digital transformation initiatives. This tool can also check the performance vulnerability of the online cloud systems.
- It is trusted globally
- No hardware to buy or manage
- It is a scalable, end-to-end solution for all aspects of IT security
- Vulnerability data securely stored and processed on an n-tiered architecture of load-balanced servers
- It sensor provides continuous visibility
- Data analyzed in real-time
- It can respond to threats in a real-time
WebInspect is an automated dynamic application security testing that allows performing ethical hacking techniques. It provides a comprehensive dynamic analysis of complex web applications and services.
- Allows to test dynamic behavior of running web applications to identify security vulnerabilities
- Keep in control of your scan by getting relevant information and statistics at a glance
- Centralized Program Management
- Advanced technologies, such as simultaneous crawl professional-level testing to novice security testers
- Easily inform management on vulnerability trending, compliance management, and risk oversight
Hashcat is a robust password cracking ethical hacking tool. It can help users to recover lost passwords, audit password security, or just find out what data is stored in a hash.
- Open-Source platform
- Multi-Platform Support
- Allows utilizing multiple devices in the same system
- Utilizing mixed device types in the same system
- It supports distributed cracking networks
- Supports interactive pause/resume
- Supports sessions and restore
- Built-in benchmarking system
- Integrated thermal watchdog
- Supports automatic performance tuning
Medusa is one of the best online brute-force, speedy, parallel password crackers ethical hacking tools. This tool is also widely used for ethical hacking.
- It is designed in such a way that it is speedy, massively parallel, modular, login brute-forcer
- The main aim of this tool is to support as many services which allow remote authentication
- Allows to perform thread-based parallel testing and Brute-force testing
- Flexible user input. It can be specified in a variety of ways
- All the service module exists as an independent .mod file.
- No modifications are needed to the core application to extend the supported list of services for brute-forcing
RainbowCrack is a password cracking tool widely used for ethical hacking. It cracks hashes with rainbow tables. It uses the time-memory tradeoff algorithm for this purpose.
- Full time-memory tradeoff tool suites, including rainbow table generation
- It Supports a rainbow table of any hash algorithm
- Support a rainbow table of any charset
- Support rainbow table in raw file format (.rt) and compact file format
- Computation on multi-core processor support
- GPU acceleration with multiple GPUs
- Runs on Windows OS and Linux
- Unified rainbow table file format on every supported OS
- Command-line user interface
- Graphics user interface
L0phtCrack 6 is a useful password audit and recovery tool. It identifies and assesses password vulnerability over local machines and networks.
- Multicore & multi-GPU support helps to optimize hardware
- Easy to customize
- Simple Password Loading
- Schedule sophisticated tasks for automated enterprise-wide password
- Fix weak passwords issues by forcing password resets or locking accounts
- It allows multiple auditing OSes
IKECrack is an open-source authentication crack tool. This ethical hacking tool is designed to brute-force or dictionary attack. This tool also allows for performing cryptography tasks.
- IKECrack is a tool that allows performing Cryptography tasks
- Initiating the client sends encryption options proposal, DH public key, random number, and an ID in an unencrypted packet to the gateway/responder.
- It is freely available for both personal and commercial use. Therefore, it is a perfect choice for a user who wants an option for Cryptography programs
IronWASP is open-source software for ethical hacking too. It is web application vulnerability testing. It is designed to be customizable so that users can create their custom security scanners using it.
- GUI based and very easy to use
- It has powerful and effective scanning engine
- Supports for recording Login sequence
- Reporting in both HTML and RTF formats
- Checks for over 25 types of web vulnerabilities
- False Positives and Negatives detection support
- It supports Python and Ruby
- Extensible using plug-ins or modules in Python, Ruby, C# or VB.NET
Cain & Abel
Cain & Abel is a Microsoft Operating System passwords recovery tool. It is used to –
- Recover MS Access passwords
- Uncover password field
- Sniffing networks
- Cracking encrypted passwords using dictionary attacks, brute-force, and cryptanalysis attacks.
SQLMap automates the process of detecting and exploiting SQL Injection weaknesses. It is open-source and cross-platform. It supports the following database engines.
- Postgre SQL
- MS SQL Server
- MS Access
- IBM DB2
- Sybase and SAP MaxDB
It supports the following SQL Injection Techniques;
- Boolean-based blind
- Time-based blind
- UNION query
- Stacked queries and out-of-band.
NetStumbler is used to detect wireless networks on the Windows platform.
- Verifying network configurations
- Finding locations with poor coverage in a WLAN
- Detecting causes of wireless interference
- Detecting unauthorized (“rogue”) access points
- Aiming directional antennas for long-haul WLAN links