Here the Top 10 Best Raspberry Pi Project idea’s that you can start right now
- 1 Here the Top 10 Best Raspberry Pi Project idea’s that you can start right now
- 2 Top 10 Best Raspberry Pi Project Idea’s with source code
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python. It’s capable of doing everything you’d expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word-processing, and playing games.
The Raspberry Pi has the ability to interact with the outside world and has been used in a wide array of digital maker projects, from music machines and parent detectors to weather stations and tweeting birdhouses with infra-red cameras. So in this article, we are going to list 10 Project idea’s with the source code that you can use for collage projects, DIYs, and much more.
You can order a Raspberry Pi 4 model on Flipkart from here
You can also order Raspberry pi on Amazon
Top 10 Best Raspberry Pi Project Idea’s with source code
- Home Automation System
- Building a Smart TV
- Building legit Desktop Computer
- Build An AI Assistant
- Motion Capture Security System
- FM Radio Station
- Wireless Print Server
- Make a Pi Twitter Bot
- Minecraft Game Server
- Time Lapse Camera
Home Automation System
A home automation project is arguably one of the best Raspberry Pi projects for senior developers. All those skills and experiences that you have been gaining all these years will come together to automate your home appliances and will make your friends drop their jaws at the same time. You can handle such home automation raspberry pi projects in numerous ways. Adding an Arduino board may accelerate further power to the system.
- You need to set up a Relay Circuit for your Raspberry first.
- Use the GPIO pin no. 6 of your pi board for connecting the relay circuit.
- Make smart use of protocols like MQTT and APIs of thingspeak for connecting a large number of devices and sensors.
You can read the full guide and source code from here
Building a Smart TV
Did you know that getting a smart TV doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve to go bankrupt? Any old PC monitor and a Raspberry Pi computer are all that you’ll need to build one of your own. This is definitely among the best Raspberry Pi projects for improving your home entertainment system. We highly suggest you take on such raspberry pi projects if you’ve got an extra piece of monitor lying around idly.
- You will need to utilize the OMX image viewer software for such raspberry projects.
- Install the libjepg8-dev and libpng12-dev module into your pi.
- You can set up Kodi for further improvements in your Smart TV project.
Get the source code and complete guide from here
Building legit Desktop Computer
Getting a full-fledged desktop computer out of a cheap Rasberry Pi should ring excitement bells in your ears. It is arguably one of the best raspberry pi projects for system enthusiasts as they will gain first-hand experience on how to build a system from almost ground zero. If you have a keen interest in raspberry pi projects involving computing, we recommend you check this project right now.
- Connect an HDMI monitor for being used as a display to your Pi.
- Add the necessary peripheral devices, namely keyboard, and mouse.
- Shift your board inside a solid metal case for safety.
- Install a cooler to take the heat off of your raspberry pi board.
Get the source code and full guide from here
Build An AI Assistant
It’s the age of AI, and we all are swarmed away with the number of mesmerizing open-source AI projects getting in the market every day. If you also want to try your hand in the field of AI, building an AI assistant can be one of the best Raspberry Pi projects that you can take on right now. You will utilize the Google Assistant and the Google Cloud SDK for such raspberry pi projects.
- Register a free account for the Google Assistant through the Google Console Actions dashboard.
- Set up and configure audio for your Google Assistant account.
- Your Raspberry Pi needs to be authorized for the Google Assistant.
- Set up Google Assistant to autostart at boot time on your Pi.
Get the source code and project guide from here
Motion Capture Security System
For your next raspberry projects, consider building an HD camera surveillance system that captures live video whenever something moves in the monitored area. You can use the same Pi camera you used for the time-lapse project or might opt-in for a more powerful one. This is one of the best raspberry pi projects for you if you want to check on your dog or the driveaway while on vacation very conveniently.
- You should be able to live stream from any web browser or mobile device.
- The camera should be able to record motion into a video file on demand.
- We recommend you use the Raspberry Pi Camera Module for such Rasberry pi projects.
- Use this motion detection software to configure the motion capture functionality.
- For additional challenges, make your motion camera to send out a notification whenever it captures certain images or videos.
Download the complete guide and source code from here
FM Radio Station
Did you know, you can very quickly turn that old Raspberry board of yours into a cutting-edge FM radio station? All you’ll need is a working internet connection and a microphone! This is definitely among the best Raspberry Pi projects for us music enthusiasts. Plus you will learn valuable concepts to use in advanced raspberry pi projects later.
- You will use the SCSS(Spread Spectrum Clock Signal), the default EMI suppression tool used in the Raspberry Pi to transmit radio signals.
- Utilize the GPIO pin 4 of your Raspberry Pi to send the transmissions using a wire as an antenna.
- Use this program by downloading, and compiling to convert your Raspberry Pi into the FM station.
- If looking for an additional challenge, customize your FM station raspberry pi projects in a way that it can broadcast live.
Download the complete guide and source code from here
Wireless Print Server
Have an old unused printer in the basement? You can clean it up today and make a wireless print server out of it. All you’ll need is a Rasberry Pi board, a storage space, and some will. It is one of the best Raspberry Pi projects for students trying to build some quick raspberry projects. The print server can be accessed from any device that you interface for and will provide a useful means to do that quick office work.
- We recommend the Raspberry Pi 3 for this project as it comes with built-in wireless support. However, you can use a WiFi dongle for utilizing previous boards.
- You will use the CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) software for running the print server.
- Use Samba for allowing Windows devices to use your Raspberry Pi print server.
- Connect a printer to the system, and you’re ready for some printing.
Download and get the source code and complete guide of the project from here.
Make a Pi Twitter Bot
Twitter, one of the largest social media platforms, lets developers create a real-time twitter bot through their API. This is among the most anticipated raspberry pi projects for open-source enthusiasts. If you like the idea of having your personal twitter bot, then this is definitely in the list of best raspberry pi projects for you.
- The bot is, in essence, a web application, built and run on a Rasberry Pi board.
- You will have to register a twitter application by going to the Twitter APIs.
- You need to set up and write the bot on your Raspberry Pi using the Python programming language; the Twython library is heavily recommended for the API bit.
- You can automate the bot and make it upload the CPU temperature of your Raspberry Pi whenever it reaches a certain threshold temperature.
Download the source code and complete guide of the project from here
Minecraft Game Server
It is one of the best Raspberry Pi projects for you if you are a fan of the online sandbox game. Minecraft, since its release, has become a household name and is one of the top gaming projects of Microsoft today. Raspberry comes with a dedicated Pi version of this fantastic game, which you can leverage to build your own Minecraft server raspberry pi projects. For this project, you’ll only require a working Pi board and a fast LAN cable.
- Your system needs to be up to date before proceeding with Minecraft installation.
- The Java runtime and build tools are required to run the game on your Pi.
- Launch the server and connect to it from another computer on the home network to test your work.
Get the complete guide and source code of the project from here
Time Lapse Camera
If you’re an avid photographic lover like me, building a time-lapse camera can be one of the best Raspberry Pi projects for your endeavor. You can build time-lapse raspberry projects easily by utilizing the Blinkt addon of your Raspberry Pi board. The camera can be attached to a wearable item, thus allowing you to see for yourself what the camera is seeing. This quick little project is one of the best raspberry pi projects to show off your Pi skills.
- You will require either a Pi Camera or a Pi NoIR Camera along with a compatible cable and a pie board for this project.
- Attach the camera to your Pi board and check if it’s working correctly, your camera might need to be enabled first.
- Use this Python program to code the time-lapse portion of your project.
Get the source code and guide of the project from here.