Several Method to Change Imei for MTK Devices
Several Method to Change Imei for MTK Devices – There is several method that can we use to change or recovery your device IMEI, I lost my IMEI when i am trying to installing a new firmware for my device, when your device lost it IMEI it will lost ability to make communication. Signal will empty and when you check with *#06# it will show invalid.
- Format /emmc from recovery mode
- Installing custom firmware
- Change partition table on MTK devices
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), Please backup your current IMEI before follow this guide.
- Download USB VCOM Driver and begin installation, please reboot your computer after finish installing this driver.
- Download MtkDroidTools v2.5.3, Run it as administrator. This tool is magnificent tool for MTK devices it has all in one functions and easy to use. MtkDroidTools v2.5.3 required your device to be ROOTED.
- Connect you device to computer, wait for a moment and MtkDroidTools v2.5.3 will begin to detect your device, all information about your devices will be display on left section. To begin change or rewrite your IMEI click on ROOT button on right bottom click Yes on the pop up confirmation.
- Progress on rooting is display on right section, when it show finish click on IMEI/NVRAM button, this will open a new windows contains all utility to modified IMEI, Legends :
- Replace IMEI(2) button is used to change your current IMEI with inserted one, just insert new IMEI on IMEI 1 and IMEI 2 column or just IMEI 1 if your device not dual SIM.
- Backup(3) button is use to backup your IMEI to computer.
- Restore(4) button is use to restore your IMEI back to your device, but before you must click on Backup(3) button.
- Click Yes on confirmation pop up, and reboot your device. Changes will effects after your reboot your device. After your device boot normal try to check with *#06# your IMEI will changed. [Congratulations]
- Download MobileUncle MTK Tools, and install it on your device. This tool required ROOTED device for using it.
- Open MobileUncle MTK Tools and select Engineering Mode, select Engineer Mode (MTK), look at the top and select Connectivity and select CDS Information, select Radio Information
- In here you can see Phone 1 and Phone2, Click on it if you wanna change or re-write your device IMEI, if you wanna change or re-write IMEI on SIM 1 the click on Phone 1 same for Phone 2.
- When write an IMEI we has to follow the manner or this will not work and make problem to our device. Manner :
- For Phone 1 insert “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1”
- For Phone 2 insert “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2”
- After finish insert then click Send button.
- Done, Reboot your device. After normal boot please confirm it with *#06# and your IMEI will changed.