Samsung Galaxy S 4 Installing Kit Kat Android 4.4.2 – On 28 February 2014 Samsung Galaxy S 4 GT-I9500 got a new update for it operating system. Users can install this update using OTA or with Samsung Kies software, those two method required online connection. Today i gone write a tutorial how to update Samsung Galaxy S 4 GT-I9500 Kit Kat using Odin method.
Remember that anything done with the system can cause your device become bricked, or you can lose your data and anything else. So please consider it if you wanna read and do the next step.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
Model : GT-I9500
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Feb 28, 2014
Regions (Multi CSC): Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Odin3 v3.07
- Samsung USB Driver , the easy way to obtain Samsung USB Drives is installing Samsung Kies software
- Kit Kat 4.4.2 Firmware
- Enable usb debugging from System Setting > Developer Options check USB Debugging.
- Backup your data first, sometime flashing using odin required to Wipe Data / Factory Reset
Samsung Galaxy S 4 Installing Kit Kat Android 4.4.2
- First you must install Samsung USB Driver on your computer, remember to reboot your computer after installing. I am recommended to using Windows XP because in some case flashing using Windows 7 or later give some problem.
- Extract the downloaded firmware to get .tar.md5 file using 7zip or another extracting tools.
- Run Odin3 v3.07 as Administrator to avoid any problem, check only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time
- Turn off your device, Turn it on while press and hold Volume Down button + Home button + Power button. Release the buttons when Warning !! message appears, then press Volume Up button to confirm that you wanna go to Download Mode, now your device will show Downloading . . .
- Attach your device to computer using USB cable, wait until Odin detect the device. When Odin successful detect the device it will show Added message on Message Box and ID:COM will turn into Light Blue with Com Port number.
- When Kit Kat 4.4.2 Firmware contains three file, then :
- put file with CODE, on PDA section
- put file with MODEM, on PHONE section
- put file with CSC, on CSC section
- Verify everything and click Start Button, then flashing process will be start and will be complete in about few minutes.
- When the installation complete your device will be automatic reboot and odin will show PASS message in Green Color
- Now it save to disconnect your phone. Done