Rooting Lenovo S820 Running Android 4.4.2, Vibe UI – 2 Days ago i got contacts by someone that has Lenovo S820, he asking me how to root his Lenovo S820. All links that i point to him not working he said that his Lenovo running official update 4.4.2, i am shocked how can Lenovo S820 got official update 4.4.2 ???
After searching for a while now i can figure, it turn out that he bought Lenovo S820 with Vibe UI 1.5 a custom ROM from russian community, and he got updated pop up and he think that the official update from lenovo. From that experience now i am will posted on how to root Lenovo S820 running Android 4.4.2, Vibe UI 1.5.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
- enable USB Debugging, go to System Setting ￫ Developer Options ￫ USB Debugging. with this your device will detect by your computer.
- Backup your important file, in case something goes wrong happen.
- First install MT6589 usb driver, make sure everything work well and don’t forget to reboot your computer after install.
- Connect your device with USB Debugging enable, start Root Genius 1.9.3 using administrator privileges.
- Wait until Root Genius 1.9.3 detect your device, look at bottom left there will be CONNECTED sign with your device root status.
- When you ready now you can click GREEN button on right bottom corner, wait the process and your device already successful ROOTED.
- After finish, now install SuperSu v1.4.1, but don’t open it first. Root Genius 1.9.3 will install KingUser to your device this application is like SuperSu v1.4.1 grant access to applications for root permission.
- Install RootExplorer v2.20, Open it and navigate to /system/app search for kinguser.apk. Move, rename, or delete it but don’t uninstall King User App
- Reboot your device.
- Now start SuperSu v1.4.1, confirm to update the binary SU.