Root, Custom Recovery TWRP v18.104.22.168 for Lenovo S820 Android Kit Kat ROW Version
Root, Custom Recovery TWRP v22.214.171.124 for Lenovo S820 Android Kit Kat ROW Version – Yesterday one of my reader contact me, he ask me how to root Lenovo S820 running Android Kit Kat but in ROW version. He already tried using VRoot and Root Genius but none were successful, so i think it must used custom recovery and install root application from it. So today i will posting how to Install Custom Recovery TWRP v126.96.36.199 and Rooting Lenovo S820 running Android Kit Kat ROW version. Remember once you root your phone and change system files, change default recovery to custom recovery you will unable to received OTA update anymore.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), Please prepare everything before start following this guide like backup your data, applications, etc this guide has possibility to brick your device.
- SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 ↦ We need to use SP Flash tool method to install custom recovery (TWRP v188.8.131.52), because we still not gain any root access. Once we gain it we can use a more simple way to change our recovery.
- TWRP v184.108.40.206 ↦ This is a recovery file for Lenovo S820 running Android Kit Kat, this guide not suit if your Lenovo S820 running Android Jelly Bean.
- 4.4 Root ↦ Root file, it contains KingUser application. King User is like SuperSu or SuperUser applications, give permission to other applications to gain root access.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- Download all required files provide above, Place all download files on one same folder for easy organize it. Connect your device and copy or move 4.4 Root.zip to your SD Card. Extract everything else
- Open SP Flash Tool extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, if you using windows 7 please run using administrator privilege for avoid permission problem. Please check DA DL All with Checksum option, this important and cannot be forgotten. Now click on Scatter-Loading buttonand point it to TWRP v220.127.116.11 extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file, This will load recovery image file to it place automatically.
- When finish configure it all, now you can press Download button or hit F9, there will be warning “Not ALL images are correctly loaded, which may cause boot up issued !” just click Yes button and continued the process.
- Now turn off your device and remove battery, wait for 3-5 second then connect your device to your computer using USB cable.
- If USB VCOM driver install successful then SP Flash Tool will immediately recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this will take not more than 5 minutes to flash the recovery file. Flashing process will mark with RED and YELLOW bar bellow the SP Flash Tool, and if it already finish it will show GREEN CIRCLE int he middle of SP Flash Tool.
- If you can reach this step then you already success install TWRP v18.104.22.168 on your device, now try to turn on your device but with combination button. Press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down Button then release it when you can see TWRP main menu, now you already on recovery mode.
- On TWRP main menu, select Install, now point it to your SD Card and select 4.4 Root.zip files. Swipe to install the root file to your device. Wait for second until installation finish, back to TWRP main menu and select Reboot.
- Try to boot to your home screen and search for KingUser application, confirm it that you already successful root your Lenovo S820 running Android 4.4.2 with install RootChecker from Google play store.