Replace Modem Firmware On Lenovo S650, For Better Signal Reception
Replace Modem Firmware On Lenovo S650, For Better Signal – When you changes a lot firmware on your Lenovo S650, update the ROM change from china firmware to international firmware sometimes you feel that your signal strength is decreased from one ROM to another ROM especially when your device is china devices and installed with international or europe firmware. This is because the modem file or modem firmware or baseband is not fit with your ROM, the solution for this problem is we need to find or replace the modem file with the compatible ones.
Today guide will teach you step by step how to change or replace modem firmware for Lenovo S650, this guide is about to modified ROM system files so please be careful in following every step in this guide, and the most important is please make system backup first.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- All files on this guide is flash able using using custom recovery, CWM or TWRP. so first you must make sure that custom recovery already install on your Lenovo S650. Refer to this guide How to install TWRP v184.108.40.206 Custom Recovery for Lenovo S650
- S650.V11 Modem ↦ use in china firmware S123 and Vibe
- S650_ROW.V16 ↦ use in international or ROW firmware S112
- S650_ROW.V17 ↦ use in international or ROW firmware S113
- S650.V104 ↦ use in china firmware Vibe UI 1.5 or later
- This guide will use TWRP custom recovery, but CWM also have the same menu as TWRP so you still can follow this guide using CWM custom recovery.
- Download the modem file you are going to flash on your device. Move or copy the modem files to your SD card root, don’t place it inside the folder.
- Turn off your device, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button and release until you can see TWRP main menu. This combination button will bring your device to boot on recovery mode.
- On the TWRP select Install ↦ Select Zip to Install navigate to your SD card where do you save the modem file and select it.
- When you already select it, just Swipe to Install. Installation progress will be show on the next windows, this installation only take 10-15 seconds. Select Reboot after finish install modem file.
- Boot normally and confirm with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ look on the Baseband Version make sure it same with the downloaded modem file.