Replace Modem file on Lenovo S850 for Better Signal Reception – Today guide i will explain how to change modem firmware on Lenovo S850, this guide sometime needed when after change ROM you feel that your signal reception is not good as before you change the ROM.
Bad signal reception maybe cause with not suitable modem file with your device, this often happen when Lenovo S850 bought on china installed with international firmware version ot vice versa, to solve this problem one of the solution is change the modem firmware.
This guide will modified Lenovo S850 system files and very not recommended to do if you not have backup system for your current running ROM, once you do without backup the file will never can be restore and even this guide already tested it has possibility to brick your Lenovo S850.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- Lenovo S850 must be ROOTED, for Lenovo S850 i recommended use one click applications for root to avoid the brick risk.
- Lenovo S850 must already have custom recovery installed on the system, How to Create Your Phone Custom CWM Recovery
- S850_CN.V105_modem ↦ china baseband v105, better use in china device.
- S850_CN.V106_modem ↦ china baseband v106, better use in china device.
- S850_ROW.V106_modem ↦ international or european modem file, with baseband v106 better use for european device
- S850_ROW.V107_modem ↦ international or european modem file, with baseband v107 better use for european device
- After 2 conditions above already fulfill, move the modem file to your device. Put it on the root of your SD Card, do not inside the folder.
- Turn off your device and boot to recovery mode, press and hold Power button + Volume Down + Volume Up button and release until you can see recovery main menu
- On the custom recovery main menu select Install zip from sd card ↦ Choose zip from sd card ↦ point it to downloaded modem file
- After installation finish back to custom recovery main menu, select Reboot System Now
- Boot normally and confirm with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ look on the Baseband Version make sure it same with the downloaded modem file.