Re-Partition Internal Memory Lenovo S920 – Most china phone has Internal Storage and USB Storage on it partition. This USB Storage it different with external USB Storage aka sd card. So i think it useless to have USB storage while we can get bigger external USB storage from sd card. This tutorial teach how to remove internal USB storage so it space can be use by internal storage.
In the next process we gone deal with android system, flashing, editing system file and something that can make your device become brick. So please consider it again if you want to proceed to the next step.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
- Extract Lenovo S920 Stock ROM, to your computer.
- Make a copy or a backup of Lenovo S920 Stock ROM, Make a backup of your original ROM use Nandroid Backup or use 3rd party software.
- Find and replace checksum.ini and EBR2 file from extracted with downloaded files. This file in /target_bin sub folder.
- Extract all download files to on folder. You will have these folders MTK6589 Driver, SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119 and S920_ROW_S117.
- Install MTK6589 Driver to your computer. Reboot after finish with installation process.
- Turn off your Lenovo S920 and plug off the battery. Connect your Lenovo S920 to your computer, it will installing Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port. After finish installing Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port success disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Now open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119 folder and run Flash_tool.exe check on DA DL With Check Sum. Click on Scatter-loading look for MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt on the S920_ROW_S117 folder, look on /target_bin sub folder
- When everything is ready, Click Download button. now connect your device to computer, please remove battery and sc card. When your device detect then it will show Red Bar and not very long it will become Yellow Bar increase. Wait until it reach 100% please don’t remove, shutdown or reboot your computer in this moment cause it will make your device bricked. When it finish it will show you Green Sign and you can disconnect your device.
- Done, You can now turn on your device and check size of Internal Memory it will become 3.6 GB