Re-Flashing Lenovo S850 with CN Firmware 70 Languages Android 4.4.2 – This ROM is official China release for Lenovo S850 but already modified with google applications and include with 70 languages inside. This ROM use Android 4.4.2 KitKat so if your device got problems after installing ROW version maybe this ROM can be alternative for you to try. Many problems will happen when you modified your devices so before making any change please do full backup your current ROM and IMEI, even this guide is for Lenovo S850 but it have possibility to brick your device so please becareful and read careful.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Full backup your current ROM and IMEI, use MTK Droid Tool for full backup and IMEI but it need your devices to be root
- USB VCOM driver already installed on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery. If you device use non removable battery then just turn off and wait for 10-15 second to make sure that your cevices is completely turn off, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 2 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- If you are use windows 8 then you need to disable sign driver option, before installing USB VCOM driver, it will block the installation.
- S850_CN_Multilanguage ↦ 621 Mb, Contains full image ROM for Lenovo S850 CN version modified.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ Flashing tool for MTK devices.
- Download all required files and place it on one folder, for easy organize it. Extract all on the same folder too. Make sure USB VCOM driver is completely installed before continued to the next step.
- Go to flash tool extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or windows 8 please run it as administrator privilege for avoid permission problem. On the flash tool open Options ↦ Option ↦ Download, make sure DA DL All with Checksum already checked. Press [x]to close and back to flash tool
- Back on the flash tool, click Scatter-Loading button and point it to S850_CN_Multilanguage extracted folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt it will load all required images file to flash tool,
- If all loaded completely, select Download Only on download option then press Download Button or hit CRTL+D, flash tool will begin stand by and ready received connection with your phone.
- Now turn off your phone and make sure it already completely turn off. Connect your device to your computer using USB cable, if USB VCOM driver is completely installed then flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this flashing process will take 5-6 minutes and when finish it will be marked with GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool.
- Done, Now you can disconnect your device, and try to normal boot. First think that you wanna do is maybe change your language yo your country language and then confirm the build with go to System Settings ↦ About Phone.