Re-Flashing Lenovo S820 with Official ROW Version S820_ROW_S124
Re-Flashing Lenovo S820 with Official ROW Version S820_ROW_S124 – I hope this guide can be use to solve bootloop problem on Lenovo S820. Bootloop often happen when you like to flashing, modify, or upgrade your android device. Bootloop is a situation when your Android device cannot boot normally and stuck on Android logo, this situation can be fix with factory reset or with re-flashing the current ROM. This guide can be use to requirement for updating Lenovo S820 to Android KitKat with OTA method, you can see the guide in Update Lenovo S820 with Android KitKat ROW Version.
On this update S820_ROW_S124 is using Android 4.2.1 it Jelly Bean, this update already contains Google Play Store and already have multi language, but no root because it is official release from Lenovo .
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), Please prepare everything before start following this guide like backup your data, applications, etc this guide has possibility to brick your device.
For device produce in 2014 you must download this preloader 2014 , extract it to ROM folder and remove the checksum.ini file
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S820_ROW_S124_140404
- Date : 04-04-2014
- OS : Android 4.2.1
- Language : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- S820_ROW_S124_140404 ↦ 711 Mb, contains full firmware images to flashing with computer
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1316 ↦ optional download you can also found this tool inside ROM download.
- Download all required files, extract S820_ROW_S124_140404 and extract SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1316 inside it. Please make sure that USB VCOM driver already completely installed before continue to the next step.
- Go to extracted folder, there will be target_bin folder and SP_Flash_Tool folder, you just need these 2 folder only. Now go to SP_Flash_Tool folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, if you running windows 7 please run it as administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool. Tick DA DL All with Checksum option, this is an important option so don’t forget to tick it. if DA DL All with Checksum option is disable, then you need to click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to target_bin/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this will automatic load all image files required for flashing to flash tool.
- Leave Preload empty. After finish configure Flash Tool now press Downoad button or hit F9, flash tool will pop up warning that not all images loaded just confirm with press Yes button. Flash tool will begin to initialize and become ready to receive connection from your device.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery. Then connect to your computer using USB cable, flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process. This process will take 5-6 minutes and you can see the progress on the bottom flash tool.
- If you can see Green Circle in the middle of flash tool than it mean you successful flashing your device and now you can disconnect your device from computer.
- Done, now try booting to your device and confirm the build number is same with the downloaded ROM, go to System Setting ↦ About Phone or you can dial #### 5993 #