Officially Update Lenovo S860 to the Latest ROW Firmware ROW_S402 – Latest update for Lenovo S860 launched on 8th November, this update can be obtain with OTA if you have ROW_S401 on your current firmware without an modification on recovery file.
Today guide will show you on how to manual update your firmware to ROW_S402 with flash tool method, this guide can be done even if your current firmware not ROW_S401. This firmware mainly use for Lenovo S860 with 2GB RAM, but it reported that Lenovo S860 bought from china with 1GB RAM also can use this firmware with condition must change the modem file to china modem file after successful flash it (DWYOR). This guide will erase your data and have possibility to brick your devices so please do your own backup preparations.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR) Be careful failed update using this guide will make you must open your case to remove battery so consider it before follow this guide.
If your phone from china with 1GB memory, then after apply this update you must flash the modem file (Root ↦ TWRP ↦ modem), Otherwise your 3G will not work and sometimes the left SIM slot will not work too.
ROM Description :
- Build Number : S860_ROW_S402_141108
- Date : 08-11-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- S860_ROW_S402_141108 ↦ 1.0 Gb,contains all required files to update your Lenovo S860 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat latest version
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ flash tool needed to upgrade your devices to the latest version, use the recommended version only.
- Download all required files to your computer, because this guide is using flash tool to upgrade your devices then you must first confirm that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract downloaded ROM, you will find target_bin folder and flash_tool folder ignore else. go to flash tool folder and run flash_tool.exe, remember to run it using administrator privilege if you are using windows 7 or later.
- On the flash tool check DA DL All with Checksum option, and then click Scatter-Loading button, point it to target_bin folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt. This action will automatically loaded all required files to flash tool.
- When everything in place, now just press Download button or hit F9, this will make flash tool to initialize ROM files and ready to make connection with your devices, this will take 1-2 minutes to finish just wait and the flash tool will become stand by.
- Turn off your device, because Lenovo S860 use non-removable battery. You must wait until it completely turn off, if you sure just connect your device to your computer using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize it and begin to start upgrade process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish. When you see progress bar 100% and GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool, it mean upgrade process is finish successful
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Turn on your device, first boot will take longer usually like 4-5 minutes to complete so please be patient. Verify the build number on the System Settings ↦ About Phone ↦ Build Number make sure it same with the download file.
- After success boot and on home screen you need to dial #### 682 #, the phone will be reboot and apply country code to recovery, then dial ####8888## to factory reset your device. For china phone please change the modem file Root ↦ TWRP ↦ Modem