Download and Install the Official Android 10 Update for OnePlus 5 & 5T Smartphones
The Android Smartphone Company OnePlus launched its flagships OnePlus 5 & 5T in 2017. Oneplus had promised that it would give the Android 10 update for OnePlus 5 & 5T. Now a year later OnePlus has Officially launched an Android 10 update for the flagships. Smartphones were launched with Android 7.1 Nougat and are receiving security updates regularly.
OnePlus recently announced that “we are ready to roll out the first open beta build for OxygenOS version 10.0 based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.Android 10 (OxygenOS 10. Anyone can try this build, but please have in mind it won’t be available via OTA, you’ll have to download and install it. Unlike regular Open Beta builds, you’ll get OTA updates for the future stable builds, as well as a further open beta, builds”
Download links of Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T:
OnePlus 5, 5T Android 10 Update Changelog:
- Brand new UI design brings light and fluid experience
- Updated to Android 10
- Full-Screen Gesture (OP5T Only)
- Newly added Hidden Bar to allow left-right switches of recent apps
There are plenty of updates added in the Android 10, we will update as soon as we get them on board.
Instruction to install after downloading the files from the above links
- Open the File Manager and move the downloaded .zip package from the Downloads folder to the root directory.
- Open Settings – System – System updates, press the cogwheel on the top right corner, choose the Local upgrade option, and select the rollback file.
- Turn off the device -> Press power and volume up key simultaneously until the device enters the Fastboot Mode
- Navigate to Recovery option using volume and power button -> Choose English -> Install from Internal storage -> Select the downloaded zip file -> Select ‘Yes’
- Wait until the installation is complete -> Reboot
Note: Users who are still on OBT builds for 5/5T can update to this build only via an update from recovery. For those, PLEASE NOTE, your entire data will be wiped.
Gotcha!!! You have Successfully Installed Android 10 update on your OnePlus 5/5T Smartphone. If you face any error while updating your OnePlus Smartphone kindly mention in the comment section, we will try to solve your error ASAP!
[Source: OnePlus forums]