Fix Connection Issues and Speed up your Internet on Android Smartphones/Smart TVs by Resetting network settings
- 1 Fix Connection Issues and Speed up your Internet on Android Smartphones/Smart TVs by Resetting network settings
- 2 How to reset your network settings on an Android to fix connection issues and speed up your internet
How to reset your network settings on an Android Smartphone
Wi-Fi profile not showing up on your Android smartphone or Smart TV or You have a very slow speed – Try This Out
One of the major problems I faced when I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A2 smartphone was that my Wi-Fi network didn’t show up. No matter what I did, the Wi-Network which I had named AndroidRookies refused to show up on my Samsung Galaxy A2 Smartphone screen. I searched high and low on the Internet but found little or no resources to help me out. My other smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy s10 gave an unusually slow speed despite of being connected to a 25 Mbps Wi-Fi connection. You may have experienced the above kind of situations with your Android smartphone or smart TV.
If your Wi-Fi network doesn’t show up on your Android smartphone or Smart TV, do not panic! Follow this tutorial and reset your network connections in the settings field and viola, your Wi-Fi network can be seen. In case your Internet speeds are slow, you can reset your network to drastically increase your speed.
How to reset your network settings on an Android to fix connection issues and speed up your internet
Note: You can reset the network settings on your Android device in the Android Settings. Resetting can troubleshoot problems with connecting to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cellular networks. Resetting network settings won’t delete any of your apps or personal data, but will erase saved Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth connections.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
2. Scroll to and tap either “General management” or “System. The latest smartphones will have a Reset option like the one I have below.
3. Tap either “Reset” or “Reset options.”
4. Tap “Reset network settings option” The other two options will reset your network settings as well, but will erase other data too.
5. The smartphone will tell you that resetting the network settings will reset your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Cellular settings. Confirm the same and your device will restart. Once it does, your network settings will have been cleared and reset.
Now your Wi-Fi profile can be seen in the Wi-Fi connections window. You will also notice that your Wi-Fi connection has become appreciably faster.