More Internal Storage with Link2sd : Advance Tutorial – So many people using #link2sd to help moving android applications to sd card with expectations he will get more space on his internal storage. But in fact his internal storage still run off space. Actually regular installation of #link2sd is move master applications to 2nd partitions of sd card but it does not move the dalvik cache that created when this application were run, and this dalvik cache’s size is more bigger than it master.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
- Your device must be root
- Follow Install Link2sd Samsung Galaxy Young to install #link2sd
- Install Root Explorer
- After successful install and configure #link2sd and please make sure your #link2sd is really running and work. See the size of dalvik cache that we will link to sd card, dalvik cache is store at /data/dalvik-cache
- Around 100MB save on internal storage just for dalvik cache. This guide will guide you to move this 100MB of file to move to sd card so your internal storage will have 100MB more free space to use. When you installing #link2sd this applications will create /data/sdext2 this folder is mount to your 2nd partition of sd card, so every applications in this folder is the applications that link on your #link2sd.
- When on #link2sd applications list, you can see detail of it. Every file that has been successful link to sd card always mark with -> sign. But look at second line there is Data and Cache that not mark, this file that we will move to sd card.
- Moving dalvik cache to sd card 2nd partitions, follow this step :
- Open Root Explorer and navigate to /data/dalvik-cache, you can move all file in this folder except file with first word [email protected]. Select any file that are larger than 5 MB
- Long press the file until it show more options, select move and navigate to /data/sdext2/dalvik-cache then paste it
- On /data/sdext2/dalvik-cache long press the file again until show more options, select Link to this file navigate to /data/dalvik-cache select Create link
- Move as many applications that you think have big dalvik cache and can give you more space on internal storage.
- You can use the same method to moving /data/data to /data/sdext2/data if you think moving dalvik cache is not enough for you.
- Done, now open your #link2sd and see your internal storage space.