Microsoft releases its new Family Safety app for Android and iOS smartphone users
The popular software maker Microsoft is actively participating in developing Android and iOS apps. The company has now launched its new Family Safety app that helps family members to manage the screen time and smartphone usage. Microsoft announced the Family Safety app back in March and was launched for the Preview and testing in May. Now the company has finally released the app and it can be downloaded and used on Android and iOS.
The Microsoft Family Safety app empowers you to protect your loved ones with digital and physical safety. It helps facilitate a conversation with your kids about developing healthy habits online and in the real world. Get peace of mind that your family is staying a little safe while giving your kids independence to learn and grow with Microsoft Family Safety.
The company has designed the app in way that allows parents to set up limits for screen time, which can be extended by a period of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, or 3 hours, if necessary.
Microsoft Family Safety features
- Activity reports – Develop healthy digital habits
• Activity log of screen time and online usage
• Weekly email summary report of activity
- Screen time – Find screen time balance
• Screen time app and game limits on Xbox, Windows, Android
• Screen time device limits on Xbox and Windows
• Screen limit settings with daily schedule management
• Screen time manger with notifications if the user requests more time
- Content filters – Explore safely with content filters
• Web filters for kid-friendly browsing on Microsoft Edge
• Block inappropriate apps and games
- Family location tracker – Locate your loved ones
• GPS location tracker to locate your family
• Location sharing when you’re out and about
• Track locations and save frequently visited locations
Amazing thing about the app is that it allows you to set up screen time limits for apps individually. This ensures that children can spend the required time on a device for learning purposes without using certain apps or games. Microsoft Family Safety also syncs across Windows, Xbox, and Android, so time limits for games and apps will be synced across multiple devices. This prevents kids from swapping devices to get some extra hours to play Minecraft or Fortnite.
What are your views on the Microsoft family Safety app? Do mention it in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here