Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection launched for Android Smartphones
As we saw before Microsoft launched its Advanced threat Protection for Mac and Linux users. Now the company has launched its defender ATP for Android Smartphone users. If we look at the threat protection provided by Microsoft, it deserves a good to go title. The defender detects all kinds of malware and threats that can affect your device and also offers protection against phishing and unsafe network connections from apps, websites, and malicious apps.
Microsoft Defender ATP for Android uses cloud protection powered by deep learning and heuristics to provide coverage for low-fidelity signals which are inconclusively handled by signatures, in addition to offering signature-based malware detection. This protection extends to both malicious apps and files on the device. Scans are instantly performed to detect malware and potentially unwanted applications (PUA). If a safe app is downloaded, the end-user will see a lightweight notification letting them know the app is clean.
How to install Microsoft Defender ATP for Android
- For end-users
- Microsoft Defender ATP license assigned to the end-user(s) of the app.
- Intune Company Portal app can be downloaded from Google Play and is available on the Android device.
- Additionally, device(s) can be enrolled via the Intune Company Portal app to enforce Intune device compliance policies. This requires the end-user to be assigned a Microsoft Intune license.
- For more information on how to assign licenses, see Assign licenses to users.
- For Administrators
- Access to the Microsoft Defender Security Center portal.
- Access Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center, to deploy the app to enrolled user groups in your organization.
Note: Microsoft Intune is the only supported Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for deploying Microsoft Defender ATP for Android. Currently only enrolled devices are supported for enforcing Microsoft Defender ATP for Android-related device compliance policies in Intune.
- Android devices running Android 6.0 and above.
- Intune Company Portal app is downloaded from Google Play and installed. Device enrollment is required for Intune device compliance policies to be enforced.
Microsoft Defender ATP for Android supports installation on both modes of enrolled devices – the legacy Device Administrator and Android Enterprise modes.
This is how you can enable Microsoft Defender ATP if you find any difficulties performing this tutorial, mention it in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity subscribe to our newsletter from here