Microsoft finally rolls out the Windows 10 2004 version, here are all details and features you need to know about the update
Windows 10 is a series of operating systems produced by the American multinational technology company Microsoft and released as part of its Windows NT family of operating systems. It is the successor to Windows 8.1 (2013), released nearly two years earlier, and was released to manufacturing on July 15, 2015, and broadly released for the general public on July 29, 2015. One of Windows 10’s most notable features is its support for universal apps, an expansion of the Metro-style apps first introduced in Windows 8. Universal apps can be designed to run across multiple Microsoft product families with nearly identical code—including PCs, tablets, smartphones, embedded systems, Xbox One, Surface Hub, and Mixed Reality.
Later this week, Windows 10 May 2020 Update, which is the first major update of the year, will begin rolling out to users across the world with new features, enhancements, and refinements to the overall user experience. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, is now rolling out to consumers. Windows 10 version 2004 is much bigger than the November 2019 Update (version 1909) with subtle improvements, a few new features and faster performance for older hardware. Below you can see the list of the features that the latest Windows 10 update contains.
Windows 10 2004 version features:
- Optional Updates experience
- Cloud Recovery
- Bluetooth A2DP
- Faster performance
- WSL2(Windows Subsystem for Linux 2)
- Windows Update bandwidth controls
- Specialized Displays
- DirectX 12
- Windows Hello improvements
- Network cameras
- Automatic restart for UWP apps
- Virtual desktops improvement
- New tablet experience for 2-in-1
- Paint, WordPad, and Notepad are now optional
How to update the Latest Windows 10 2004 Version?
If you can’t wait to get the May 2020 Update automatically, you can use the Media Creation Tool. Alongside the video tutorial, here are also the written steps to perform the upgrade:
- Open Media Creation Tool page.
- Click the Download tool now button.
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool2004.exe file to launch the tool.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option.
- Click the Accept button to agree to the licensing terms.
- Click the Accept button again.
- Select the option to keep your files and apps (if it’s not already selected).
- Click the Install button.
Gotcha!! This is how you can update your PC/Laptop to the latest version of the Window 10 2004. For more news and tutorials subscribe to our newsletter from here