Microsoft announces Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20215 with dark theme improvements
Microsoft brought in the dark theme feature in Windows 10 back in February this year, well, now after 6 months of the existence of the feature the company has extended it. With Build 20211 for Insiders, Microsoft was seen testing a new dark mode update for Windows 10 to improve the UI consistency. In this new build 20215, the company has now made dark mode available in Windows Search.
This means the user that install the new build will experience the dark mode extension that applies a black background to the Windows Search, user menus within the search interface, and Bing-powered web search pages. The pop-up open/uninstall dialogs are also dark. This dark theme for Windows Search is meant to match Windows 10’s black taskbar and theme-aware Start Menu.
[Source: Windows Blog]
Users now can apply the new dark theme in Windows Search by navigating to Settings > Personalization > Colors and then selecting the ‘Dark’ option. This update seems to focus on the consistency issues caused by Windows 10. The other updates and fixes are listed in the below list mentioned by the company in its official blog.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that could result in the Windows Security app hanging.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that could result in the Windows Security app crashing when navigating to the Exclusions page when there were a large number of exclusions.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where using a restore point that had been created prior to a Microsoft Edge update to do a system restore could result in Microsoft Edge not launching after the restore was finished.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in the text cursor unexpectedly moving to the beginning of a text field when typing with the Korean IME in certain apps.
- Microsoft fixed an issue impacting Voice Typing reliability.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where on a small subset of devices the Start menu did not reflect when an update was pending restart and scheduled restarts are canceled.
These are the complete fixes that are offered in the new Windows 10 Build 20215. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by following us on Google News.