Lenovo S960 Update Official Firmware S960_ROW_S210 – Update Lenovo S960 with ROW firmware version, this is international firmware default firmware for Lenovo S960 who bought on europe but it also can be install on the Lenovo S960 who bought on the china. This international firmware have multi languages and already include google applications so you not bother to install it again. This is flashing guide it mean this guide has possibility to brick your device and erase all your data on device, so please consider it before following this guide.
On this guide i will not tell you how to make full backup your current ROM and IMEI so please do it yourself and make sure you have completely working backup ROM and IMEI.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
ROM Specifications :
- Build Number : S960_ROW_S210_140529
- Date : 29-05-2014
- OS : Vibe UI 1.5 (Android KitKat)
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- S960_ROW_S210_140529 ↦ 1.3 Gb, contains all required files to update your Lenovo S960 to the latest firmware version
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1320 ↦ optional download, it already include on ROM download above.
Lenovo S960 Update Official Firmware S960_ROW_S210
- Download all required files and places it in one folder, please make sure you already completely installed USB VCOM driver before continued to the next step. Installating USB VCOM driver only need do once, if you ever update your device firmware using flash tool than you don’t need installing USB VCOM driver again.
- Extract S960_ROW_S210_140529, you will found 4 folders just only use target_bin and flash_tool folders. Open flash_tool folder and run flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please run this using administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, make sure DA DL All with Checksum option already checked, this option will avoid DA Image Fail when finish flashing.
- Now click the Scatter-Loading button and point it to target_bin folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this will automatically load all images files to flash tool.
- When finish with flash tool, now press Download button or hit F9, flash tool will begin to initialize this will take like 25-30 seconds to finish and become ready to make connection with your device.
- Now turn off your device, since Lenovo S960 use non removable battery you must make sure it completely turn off so just wait like 20 seconds before connecting your device to your computer. Now connect your device to your computer using USB cable, flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process.
- This process will take 5-6 minutes to finish just wait and if you can see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool then you can disconnect your device.
- Done, now you already successful update your Lenovo S960 with the latest ROW version firmware, go to System Setting ↦ About Phone look at the Build Number confirm it has same version with the downloaded.