Lenovo S960 Update Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 ROW Version
Lenovo S960 Update Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 ROW Version – Firmware Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 for Lenovo S960 Vibe X already release. And today i will posting on how to update your Lenovo S960 aka Vibe X with Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 ROW version. This ROM is release candidates but it currently stable for use daily, It has been confirm with russian users that already install this ROM on the first place.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Rom Descriptions :
- OS : Android 4.4.2
- Date : 21-05-2014
- Build Number : S960_ROW_S209_140521
- Languages : Russian , English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian
- Keyboard : Multi Language
- Android 4.4.2
- VibeUI 1.5
- Updated almost all applications from Lenovo
- The new system interface
- No ROOTED
- Downloads all required files, for easy organize it please place on one fodler. ie Lenovo S960. Extract all donwloaded files inside Lenovo S960 folder.
- First please install MT65XX Preloader Vcom Driver to your computer, Turn off the phone, remove SIM card, remove SD card and connect to your computer. Your computer will recognize your device and asking for a driver, point it to MT65XX Preloader Vcom Driver extracted folder. After finished installation please check to My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager ↦ COM (Port & LPT).
- Disconnect your device but still don’t turn it on. Go to S960_ROW_S209_140521 extracted folder and you can see S930_ROW_FlashTool_ folder, you can use Flash Tool inside this folder to upgrade your Lenovo S960.
- Open and run Flash Tool inside S930_ROW_FlashTool_ folder, check DA DL All with Check Sum option, this is very important option don’t forget to check it.
- Click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to S960_ROW_S209_140521/target_bin/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc, this file will load any other ROM file to Flash Tool.
- When all ready not press Download Button or hit F9, wait until Flash Tool finish to initialization and ready to
- When everything is ready now you can connect your device to your computer. If you already turn on your device please turn it off again, remove SIM card, remove SD card then connect to your computer using USB cable.
- If MT65XX Preloader Vcom Driver installation finish with success then the Flash Tool will recognize your device and begin to start upgrading process, Then process can be known by RED Bar, Yellow Bar and then finished by GREEN Circle in the middle of Flash Tool.
- Now you can disconnect your device from your computer. Turn on your device and try to go to Home Screen, verified that you already finish and success upgrade your Lenovo S960 with Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 Multi Languages version. Go to System Setting ↦ About Phone