Lenovo S960, Re Flashing with Android Jelly Bean Row Version ROW_S128
Lenovo S960, Re Flashing with Android Jelly Bean Row Version – Today guide is about to flashing old firmware for Lenovo S960 or known as Vibe X, On this guide i would like to share how to flashing an Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your device, the reason is why would back to Android 4.2.2 ? because when installing Android 4.4.2 or Android KitKat your device not as fast as using Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
This guide is using flash tool method, common method for Lenovo devices. This method will erase all data, and system on device so better do backup first before following this guide, and this flash tool method also have possibility to brick your device and remove your IMEI so consider it.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S960_ROW_S128_140127
- Date : 27-01-2014
- OS : Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- S960_ROW_S128_140127 ↦ 1.2 Gb, contains all required images files to flashing your device to Android Jelly Bean.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1320 ↦ Flash tool that needed to flash the ROM to your device, recommended to use only this version.
- Download add required files need to do this guide. It recommended to place all files on the one folder for easy organize it, because this guide using flash tool so first think you must to do is make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed properly on your computer.
- Extract all, ROM files and flash tool. Go to flash tool extracted folder and then run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please make sure that you run it using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button browse it to ROM extracted folder target_bin and the select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt. When you select android scatter file and load it to flash tool it also will automatically load another image files to flash tool.
- Now press Download button on the flash tool or your can hit F9 on your keyboard. This make flash tool begin to initialize ROM file and after few minutes it will become stand by and ready to make connection with your device. (When you got flash tool error 8038 when connect your device, then please try click firmware↦upgrade button)
- Next step is turn off your device, because Lenovo S960 using non removable battery so you must make sure that your device is completely turn off. Then just connect your device to your computer.
- Flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, then process will take 5-6 minutes to finish, GREEN CIRCLE will pop up on the middle on flash tool when it already finish.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device, turn your device on. First time boot will take longer usually take 4-5 minutes so please be patient. Go to dialer and dial ####8888#, this is will do factory reset on your device. (will remove all data on device, built in storage)
- Done, Just boot to your home screen and confirm firmware Build Number and make sure is same as ROM downloaded S960_ROW_S128_140127.