Lenovo S960 Install Vibe UI 2.0 with 70 Languages, Root and Google Applications – This firmware included in custom firmware because it already been modified by someone to add language, root and google applications, but this firmware still use china base. Vibe UI 2.0 is the newest firmware for Lenovo devices and only available for china version, for now. Thank to baralajbi so you can enjoy Vibe UI 2.0 in your own language, this guide is about to flashing your devices so it will erase all your data on devices and has possibility to brick your devices so please make your own backup preparations before following this guide.
This guide can be use for any previous firmware, and only can be apply to Lenovo S960, don’t try this guide on any other device. It will hard brick your devices.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR) Please make backup preparations before following this guide, For 16GB devices please read the comments before following this guide.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S960_S932_VIBEUI_V2.0_1439
- Date : 25-09-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Espanol, Eureka, Filipino, Francais, Galego, Hrvatski, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Portugues, Svenska, etc
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Yes
- Remove all unused applications
- Added around 70 languages
- The weather work worldwide
- Base Vibe UI 2.0 for Lenovo S960
- S960_S932_VIBEUI_V2.0_1439 ↦ 1.87 Gb, contains full images filr that needed to be flash using flash tool.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ Need to be downloaded, because on ROM downloaded not include any flash tool, please use the same version.
- Download all required files on your computer, this guide is using flash tool so please make sure that USB VCOM driver is already completely installed on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract ROM download and Flash Tool on the same folder on your computer. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please make sure you run using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, please check DA DL All with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button, point it to ROM extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, this action will automatically load all images ROM to flash tool.
- When everything is done, now you can click Download button (4) or hit F9, this will make flash tool to initialize the ROM file and when finish flash tool will stand by and ready to make connection with your device. (If you got error 8038 after connect your device, you must click Firmware↦Upgrade instead of Download button)
- Turn off your device because Lenovo S960 use non-removable battery then you must make sure your device is completely turn off then connect to your computer using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes so please patient. When finish it will show you GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool
- Done, now you can disconnect your device and try to boot. The first boot will take longer so please be patient. After successful boot please go to System Setting ↦ About Phone and make sure your Build Number same as the downloaded ROM above.