Lenovo S960 Install Android 4.2 S960_S123 CN Version Firmware
Lenovo S960 Install Android 4.2 S960_S123 CN Version Firmware – This guide is about to install CN firmware to your Lenovo S960, this is Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. This guide needed when your CN device got problem when try to install or flashing international ROM version, you can back to Android 4.2 to fix the problem, make backup ROM and IMEI and etc. Why need to back to Android 4.2 because Android 4.2 a lot easier to root, you can use vroot, root genius or any other one click root method to root it.
This ROM is CN version so it not include Google applications and only support just only 2 languages EN and CN. And for your attention following this guide has possibility to brick your device and erase your data.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S960_S123_130922
- Date : 22-09-2013
- OS : Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Language : English and China
- Google Applications : No
- Root : No
- S960_S123_130922 ↦ 1.7 Gb, contains all required images files to upgrade / downgrade your Lenovo S960 to S960_S123 version firmware.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this is an optional download, actually when you downloaded ROM files it included flash tool also.
- Download all required files above, place it on one folder for easy organize it. Please make sure that USB VCOM driver already completely installed on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract downloaded ROM files, you will find 3 7z files and one folder. Flash tool is located inside the folder, extract target_bin.7z and you also need to extract flash tool inside the folder, SNOOPY????_20130703_(v3.1324.0.177).rar
- Go to folders and located flash tool, run flash tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later then please run using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error, If you got Access Violation when trying to run it then just remove all china character from flash tool folder. On the flash tool check DA DL All with Checksum option, then click on the Scatter-Loading button and point it to target_bin/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this action will also automatically load all required images to flash tool.
- Finish configure flash tool, just press Download button or hit F9, when you received information that not all images loaded correctly just press Yes button, flash tool will begin initialize the ROM files, become stand by and ready to connect with your device.
- Now turn off your device, because Lenovo S960 use non removable battery you must wait until you can make sure that your device is completely turn off, connect your device and the flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start the flashing process.
- Process will take 5-6 minutes to finish, and when finish it will inform by GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool with Download OK information box. When you can see it then you free to disconnect your device.
- Done.You already successful upgrade / downgrade your Lenovo S960 to Android 4.2 S960_S123 CN version firmware, confirm it with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone