Lenovo S960, How to Restore Lenovo Standard Recovery ROW Version Firmware – Today guide is about to restore Lenovo Standard Recovery file to your device, this need to be done when we wanna perform an OTA update. But sometime when we change recovery file to custom we forget to backup the original one, and sometime we trouble to find the replacement. So now i will post a guide on how to restore Lenovo Standard Recovery file for Lenovo S960.
This guide can only be use for Lenovo S960 using ROW version firmware, don’t even try this guide on china firmware version. This guide is flashing guide so it has possibility to brick your device so please do it with careful.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Standard Recovery for ROW_S209 ↦ this is contains recovery image for Lenovo S960 using ROW_S209 firmware version
- Standard Recovery for ROW_S210 ↦ this is contains recovery image for Lenovo S960 using ROW_S210 firmware version
- Standard Recovery for ROW_S211 ↦ this is contains recovery image for Lenovo S960 using ROW_S211 firmware version
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ Please using this current version, and very recommended to use this download link
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- Download all required files, for firmware version you can look at System Setting ↦ About Phone and see at the Build Number, I am never try to use recovery files different from my build number and if you tried it please leave comments about your experiment.
- Because this guide is using flash tool, so it need to make sure that USB VCOM driver si completely installed on your device, see how to install it on Download section
- Extract recovery file and flash tool on the same folder, now go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are running windows 7 or later please make sure that you using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, please check DA DL All with Checksum option. Then click on Scatter-Loading button, point it to recovery extracted folder and the select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt. this action will automatically load recovery image file to flash tool.
- When everything is set up now, press Download button or hit F9, A warning will pop up inform that not all images loaded correctly, just press Yes button and flash tool will become stand by and ready to make connection with your device.
- Turn off your device because Lenovo S960 use non-removable battery then you must make sure your device is completely turn off, now connect your device to your computer using USB cable, if USB VCOM driver installed properly than flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process. This process will take 5-10 second and will be finished with GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Go to recovery mode to confirm that you already successful restore Lenovo Standard Recovery to your Lenovo S960. Press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down until you can see language options.