Lenovo S939 Install Official CN Firmware S939_S129_140217 – If you wanna to update your Lenovo S939 first you must install or flashing your Lenovo S939 with CN firmware that have lower build number, in this case we use S939_S129. After finish installing or flashing this firmware you can freely update your device to Vibe UI 1.5 or Vibe UI 2.0, if you choose to update to Vibe UI 1.5 than you can refer to this Lenovo S939 Update Kit Kat Vibe UI v1.5 + Gapps + Root. This firmware is china version so it not include google play and contains china default applications that cannot be used outside china country, contain only english and china languages.
Even this guide is for Lenovo S939, it has possibility to brick your device and lost your IMEI so please make your own backup preparation before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR).
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S939_S129_140217
- Date : 17-02-2014
- OS : Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Language : English and China
- Google Applications : No
- Root : No
- S939_S129_140217 ↦ 1.7 Gb, This only contains images files to upgrade or downgrade your device to S129_S939 not contains any flash tool, so you must download it separately.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1348 ↦ Flash tool that needed to flash current firmware to your device, recommended to use only this version unless you know what your doing.
- +Download all required files above, please place it on the one folder for easy organize it. Extract all on the same folder and begin installation USB VCOM driver, Please make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed completely before continued to the next step, if you don’t know how to do it you can contact me.
- Go to flash tool extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or above please run it using administrator privilege to avoid permission error. On the flash tool please go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download ↦ and tick the DA DL All with Check Sum like picture below.
- Press [x]to close and back to flash tool again, Now click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to S939_S129_140217/target_bin/MT6592_Android_scatter.txt, this will also loaded all images files on the flash tool.
- When everything is set up, select Download Only and then press Download button or hit CTRL + D, flash tool will initialized and become stand by and ready to make connection with your device.
- Turn off your device, because Lenovo S939 using non removable battery you must make sure that your device is completely turn off before connecting to your computer. After completely turn off you can connect your device to your computer using USB cable, Flashing process will immediately begin to start and it will be take 5-6 minutes just wait until you can see GREEN CIRCLE with Download OK information.
- Done, That GREEN CIRCLE is mean you already successful flashing your Lenovo S939 with S129 CN Firmware. Now you can disconnect your device and try to turn on your device for the first time.
- Go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ look at Build Number and make sure it same with the downloaded ROM.