Lenovo S930 Update Latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware ROW_S218
Lenovo S930 Update Latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware ROW_S218 – New update for Lenovo S930 has been launched, this is an official release for international version firmware. This new update fix several things from the previous version. You can also obtain this update with OTA, but need to current running ROW_S215 with the Lenovo Standard Recovery to be able to install it. This is flashing guide so in this guide it will format your device that make your data will be erased and this guide has possibility to brick your device so please make your own backup preparations before following this guide.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S930_ROW_S218_141106
- Date : 06-11-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- S930_ROW_S218_141106 ↦ 1 Gb, contains all images ROM to update your Lenovo S930 to the latest version
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ flash tool for upgrade your device to the latest version, this tool also include on downloaded ROM
- Download all required files to your computer, this guide using flash tool so it need to be make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed completely before continued to the next step.
- Extract the ROM download, you will find target_bin folder and flash tool folder, go to flash tool folder and run flash_tool.exe, remember when you are using windows 7 or later please use administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download make sure you already check DA DL All with Checksum option, press [X] to close option window and back to flash tool.
- Back on flash tool, click on Scatter-Loading button and point to target_bin and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this action will automatically loaded all required ROM images to flash tool, select Download Only on the download options (2) (You can change this option to firmware↦upgrade if you got error 8038 while flashing)
- When everything complete, now you can press Download button or hit CTRL+D, flash tool will become stand by mode and ready to make connection with your device.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, connect your device to your computer using USB cable. When USB VCOM installed completely then flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and will show GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool when it finish.
- Flashing process is done and now you can disconnect your device. First booting will take longer 3-4 minutes to complete so please be patient. Successful booting go to Dialer and dial ####682# to change your origin country, device will reboot to recovery mode and apply origin country.
- Success boot again go to Dialer and dial ####8888#, this will d factory reset on your device and will erase all data.
- Done, confirm the Build Number is same with downloaded ROM.