Lenovo S930, How to Restore Lenovo Standard Recovery ROW Version – After writing and posting Restore Standard Recovery for Lenovo S820, there some of my reader that ask me to make another guide for Lenovo S930. So today i will make a guide on how to restore Lenovo Standard Recovery for Lenovo S930, this is only for ROW version firmware and cannot be apply to china version firmware.
This guide is also can done using MobileUncle application, but it need your Lenovo S930 to be ROOTED, so i will write this guide using flash tool method so everybody can follow it. Following this guide may brick your device so please do this guide with careful.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Your device must be ROOTED, if you wanna use MobileUncle to restore your Lenovo Standard Recovery.
- Your device must running ROW version firmware with Build Number same with the downloaded recovery file. (never try different Build Number for flashing)
- This can only be use for ROW version firmware, don’t attempt to try on china version firmware. It will brick your device.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- ROW_S215_140714_Recovery ↦ contains recovery file for firmware version ROW_S215, this file also can be flash using MobileUncle application.
- ROW_S218_141106_Recovery ↦ contains recovery file for firmware version ROW_S218, this file also can be flash using MobileUncle application.
- SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352 ↦ flash tool for flashing recovery file to your devices, recommended to use this version only.
- Download all files on your computer, because this guide using flash tool than you must be confirm that USB VCOM driver is installed completely on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract recovery file and flash tool on the same folder, now go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and make sure you have already check DA DL All with Checksum option, if not just check it. Click [x] to close the options windows and back to flash tool
- Back on the flash tool, click on Scatter-Loading button (1), and point it to recovery file extracted folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, once you select the file it will also load recovery image file to flash tool.
- On download option select Download Only (2)
- When everything is set up, now you can press Download Button (4), flash tool will become stand by mode and ready make connection with your device.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, after couple of second connect your device to computer using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize your device and start to begin flashing process, the process will only take 5-10 second and will be finish once you can see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool.
- Done, You have successful restore your Lenovo Standard Recovery on your Lenovo S930, please confirm it with go to recovery mode. Press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down and release it until you can see lenguage option.