Lenovo S860 Update your custom recovery with TWRP 184.108.40.206 Android Lollipop design
Lenovo S860 Update your custom recovery with TWRP 220.127.116.11 Android Lollipop design – Today guide is about updating custom recovery with TWRP v18.104.22.168. The guide will show you how to prepare your computer and updating Lenovo S860 using flash tool, file on this guide also can be use using Mobile Uncle but i will not explain it here.
TWRP v22.214.171.124 with Android Lollipop design already support OTG, and can mount sd card perfectly. Backup from previous version cannot be used on this version, already try backup, restore seems work perfectly. Wipe data does for 2 second. This custom recovery is only work for ROW version so need to install ROW firmware if you device is china device with 1gb version.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Modified Lenovo S860 always have a risk, please prepare your self before following the guide
Screen Shots : Show/hide
- TWRP_v126.96.36.199_S860_ROW_4.4.2 ↦ TWRP v188.8.131.52 can be use on Mobile Uncle and flash tool.
- USB VCom driver ↦ need to install so flash tool will recognize your device once you connect it
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this is flash tool, too to flash custom recovery or ROM to your device using this tool you can flash or backup you ROM. Recommended to use this version only.
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- When you reach this step i assume that you already successful installing USB VCom driver on your computer. Download all required files above and extract on the same folder.
- Open flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privileges to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum and the click Scatter-Loading button browse it to custom recovery extracted folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, click open.
- It will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool
- Now, you just need to press Download button on flash tool, it will trigger warning that said not all images correctly loaded. Just press Yes button and flash tool will become standby waiting connection with your device. (with all button disable, only stop button enable)
- Turn off your device, remove the battery or if your device use non removable battery just make sure that it completely turn off (wait for 2-3 minutes after power off it). Connect your device to flash tool, if USB VCOM driver is completely install the flash tool will recognize your device and begin to flash the custom recovery, it will take 10-15 second to finish and will show GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool
If you got error code 8038 after connect Lenovo S860 to computer, then you must use mobile uncle to install this recovery. The error mean your partition table is not same with the recovery. (PMT Changed, must be downloaded)
Congratulations, now TWRP v184.108.40.206 already installed on Lenovo S860, you can confirm with reboot to recovery mode, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button while you device is in off condition, release it when you can see TWRP main menu.