Lenovo S860 Re-Flashing Lenovo Standard Recovery
Lenovo S860 Re-Flashing Lenovo Standard Recovery – Guide today is how to return to Lenovo standard recovery for Lenovo S860, This guide needed when you have flashing custom recovery and want to back to Lenovo standard recovery for do OTA update. This guide is only for europe devices only with 2 GB RAM, because recovery file for europe devices and china devices is different so you cannot do this guide for china devices. This guide will do flashing to your devices, failure will make your device bootloop and can only be fix with re-flash your devices ROM, so please make backup your current ROM and IMEI.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. This guide will only work for 2GB RAM devices but if you wanna try on 1 GB RAM devices please give me the result but i guess it will not work. (DWYOR)
- Devices must be europe devices with 2 GB RAM
- International or ROW version for current firmware, don’t attempt to flash this recovery on china version firmware.
- S860_Recovery_Original ↦ contains 2 files scatter file and recovery file, can be flash with mobile uncle or flash tool.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1320 ↦ flash tool for flashing recovery files to your devices.
- Download all required files to your computer, place it in one folder. Because this guide use flash tool, so you must make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract recovery files and flash tool, go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe. If you are using windows 7 or later than please run using administrator privilege for avoid any permission error..
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button, point it to MT6582_Android_scatter.txt on the recovery extracted folder. This will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool
- When you ready just press Download button or hit F9, warning will show and tell you that not all images correctly loaded, just confirm it with press Yes button
- Flash tool will become stand by and ready to receive connection with your device. Turn off your device, because Lenovo S860 use non-removable battery so please make sure it already completely turn off. Connect your device and flash tool will recognize your device and start to begin flashing process, the process will take 5-10 seconds to finish when you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish.
- Done, wait for minutes before disconnect your device. Disconnect it and press Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, confirm that your recovery has change to Lenovo Standard Recovery.