Lenovo S860 Flashing Android Kit Kat 4.4 Tutorial + Gapps
Lenovo S860 Flashing Android Kit Kat 4.4 Tutorial – Here you can find step by step on how to install / flashing Lenovo S860 with Vibe UI v1.5, What so interesting with this Vibe UI ? Vibe UI called official custom by Lenovo User and this ROM using Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) for it base. So it very interesting because it using the newest update for Android Source. In this guide will be divided into severals sections like Warning, Requirements to be fulfilled, Downloads sources, Flashing step to follows, etc with all these sections i hope you can easily to understand on how to flashing Vibe UI v1.5 to your Lenovo S860.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
This guide already update i am adding how to Root and install Gapps i hope this guide can help you solve your problems, thank you for visiting…
- This ROM cannot be flashing if your current ROM is ROW (International ROM for Lenovo Device). so if your current ROM is ROW then you must be flashing it to CN ROM (Original ROM for Lenovo Device).
- Enable USB Debugging, for enable it please go to System Settings ↦ Developer Options ↦ USB Debugging tick it option to enable it. Using this options computer will able to recognize your device.
- Custom Recovery must be installed. You can use TWRP or CWM for custom recovery, Install using Mobile Uncle MTK Tools
- S860_VIBEUI_V1.5_1423_7_ST or S860_VIBEUI_V1.5_1427_2_ST (Update 22-08-2014)
- Release Date : 05-06-2014
- Size : 762 MB
- Change Logs :
- Add new upgrade to Android 4.4 system
- Add VIBEUI1.5 first version, the new visual experience
- Add amazing innovation [music] Desktop version, the ultimate elegance
- Add more convenient and efficient application of the new version of [Lenovo directories
- Add new Notification Center
- New online radio upgrade, the type of music to listen touch up
- SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 (Update 13-06-2014)
- MT6582_Android_Scatter (Update 13-06-2014)
- Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Driver (Update 13-06-2014)
- SuperSu v1.97 (Update 13-06-2014)
- Vibe UI Custom Recovery
- Gapps Minimal 4.4.2
- Copy or move all downloaded file from your computer to your device. after that rename S860_VIBEUI_V1.5_1423_7_ST to update.zip
- Reboot into Recovery Mode, this can be done using Mobile Uncle MTK Tools or by pressing combination buttons. For combination buttons turn off your device, wait until perfect shutdown then press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down (Volume Buttons) wait until device go into Recovery Mode then release the buttons.
- This TWRP will be on chinese language, on TWRP main menu select Wipe ↦ Slide to Factory Reset
- Back to TWRP main menu again, select Wipe ↦ Cache
- Back again to TWRP main menu, now it time for us to install update.zip to our device. Select Install ↦ Choose zip from sd card ↦ Navigate to update.zip ↦ Slide to install, wait the process until completely finish.
- When installation successful finish please repeat step 3, this needed to avoid any boot failure when your phone do first booting.
- (Revision – 12-06-2014) I just realized when one of my reader contact me and said that on Mobile Uncle MTK Tools write UNROOT on upper left. This Vibe UI Custom Recovery cannot be install via Mobile Uncle MTK Tools because lack of ROOT access. So to install it follow this below guide.
- Download additional files i am already add on the download section, extract it together with Vibe UI Custom Recovery
- Install Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Driver to your computer, this need to install manually so turn off your device completely and connect to your computer, if your computer need driver file then navigate to Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Driver extracted folder.
- Go to SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 and run Flash_Tool.exe
- Check DA DL All With Check Sum options, click on Scatter-Loading button and navigate to MT6582_Android_Scatter. Now check on RECOVERY on flash tool and navigate to Vibe UI Custom Recovery
- When all set hit on Download button or press F9. While on turn off condition connect your device to computer, when driver install completely flash tool will recognize the device and start the flashing process. This will mark with progress bar begin with RED BAR, and after a minute or two YELLOW BAR and if it finish will be mark with GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool.
Warning : Don’t interrupt the flashing process, or your device will be brick
- Now you can disconnect your device and try to turn it on. This process will flashing custom recovery to your device, continued to next step for root and gapps installations.
- For Rooting please go Recovery Mode you can press and hold Power buttons + Volume Up + Volume Down. When you in Recovery Mode main menu select Install ↦ Navigate to SuperSu v1.97 this process will install ROOT on your device for installing Gapps Minimal 4.4.2 please repeat this step but navigate file to Gapps Minimal 4.4.2
- Done, now you have Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 with ROOTED and Gapps installed.