Lenovo S850, Update to the Latest International Firmware Version S214_ROW
Lenovo S850, Update to the Latest International Firmware Version S214_ROW – Official update for Lenovo S850 already out with build number S850_ROW_S214_150109, this update can also be obtain from OTA but you must have firmware with build number S850_ROW_S211_140923 installed on your system.
Flashing Lenovo S850 is very dengerous, it can make your device brick or lost signal. Until now i can’t fix the signal problem on Lenovo S850 so please very consider if you wanna follow this guide. This guide is using flash tool method, it will erase all your data on device so please make backup preparation and IMEI backup first before continued to follow this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, Until now i still cannot fix Lenovo S850 that have signal lost problem so do with your own risk (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S850_ROW_S214_150109
- Date : 09-01-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Vibe UI 1.5)
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Not
- S850_ROW_S214_150109 ↦ 1.1 Gb, contains all required files to update your Lenovo S850 to the latest version.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this flash tool is optional download, you already got this flash tool on ROM download but it very recommended to use only this version.
- When you often visit to my blog and read flashing guide, you must be known what you must to do to flashing your device. So first time you must to do is make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed properly because we use flash tool.
- Download all required files that needed to your computer, extract ROM download. Go to extracted folder and open flash tool folder, run the flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please use administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option this is must checked option so please don’t forget it. Click Scatter-Loading button browse to target_bin folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt file, when you select it will automatically load the rest files to flash tool.
- When everything is set just press Firmware ↦ Upgrade button or press F8, flash tool will begin to prepare the files that will be used for flashing process, wait until finish.
- Now turn off your device, because Lenovo S850 use non removable battery you must make sure that it completely turn off. Connect your device to your computer, flash tool will recognize the device and starting flashing process, the process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you can see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish successfully
- Done, disconnect your device. Boot you device, first time boot will take longer so please be patient. Go to dialer and dial ####682# this will pop up a regional setting, search your country if you cannot found just cancel it. Then open dialer again and dial ####777# this will do factory reset to your device.
- Finish, go to About Phone ↦ Software Information look at build number make sure that you have same with the downloaded ROM.