Lenovo S850 Latest International Firmware Update, S850_ROW_S217_150420
Lenovo S850 Latest International Firmware Update, S850_ROW_S217_150420 – The latest international firmware for Lenovo S850 already roll out on April 20th, latest update will using build number S850_ROW_S217_150420.
Today guide will show you how to update Lenovo S850 using manual method or PC method, When you current firmware is ROW_S216 then you can also obtain this update using OTA method or using automatically update from your system settings.
Do manual update has possibility to brick your device, so please be careful and very consider it when you want to follow this guide, i will not responsible on what happen to your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, Until now i still cannot fix Lenovo S850 that have signal lost problem so do with your own risk (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S850_ROW_S215_150114
- Date : 14.01.2015
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Vibe UI v1.5)
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Not
- Type : Full image install using flash tool
- S850_ROW_S217_150420 ↦ 1.0 Gb, full image contains all files that need to update Lenovo S850 to latest version
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this flash tool is optional download, you already got this flash tool on ROM download but it very recommended to use only this version.
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off wait 15-20 seconds after release the power button
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- Before starting update, first thing you must do is make sure that USB VCOM already installed on your computer. Without this driver flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will remain on 0%.
- Download all required files that needed to your computer, extract ROM download. Go to extracted folder and open flash tool folder, run the flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please use administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, don’t forget to check DA DL All with Checksum option. Click Scatter-Loading button browse to target_bin folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt file, when you select it will automatically load the rest files to flash tool.
- When everything is set just press Firmware ↦ Upgrade button or press F8, flash tool will begin to prepare the files that will be used for flashing process, wait until finish.
- Now turn off your device, because Lenovo S850 use non removable battery you must make sure that it completely turn off. Connect your device to your computer, flash tool will recognize the device and starting flashing process, the process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you can see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish successfully
- Done, disconnect your device. Boot you device, first time boot will take longer so please be patient. Go to dialer and dial ####682# this will pop up a regional setting, search your country if you cannot found just cancel it. Then open dialer again and dial ####777# this will do factory reset to your device.
- Finish, go to About Phone ↦ Software Information look at build number make sure that you have same with the downloaded ROM.