Lenovo S850, Installing Modified China Firmware version Vibe UI 2.0 1443
Lenovo S850, Installing Modified China Firmware version Vibe UI 2.0 1443 – This is Vibe UI 2.0 firmware for Lenovo S850 that already been modified by javum developer from russian, firmware can be installed using flash tool or from custom recovery also but to be able to install using custom recovery your previous firmware must be china version.
Today guide will use flash tool to install firmware to your device, before following this guide please do full backup ROM and backup IMEI. This guide is also have possibility to brick your device so please very consider it before starting following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.3.1_ST_S850
- Date : ??-09-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : English and China
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Yes (KingUser)
- Clean all unwanted china applications – Chinese AppStore left for applications updates
- Added Google services and Google Play
- The weather widget can be used outside china country
- Update all applications.
- Installed root KingRoot 3.4.0
- Root shell in the nucleus
- Installed BusyBox v1.22.1-Stericson (2014-01-25 17:27:18 CET)
- Many of the system apps moved to the vendor folder (it is no problem to remove, but after a wipe they will recover)
- Fixed expanded font
- TWRP Recovery 22.214.171.124
- VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.3.1_ST_S850 ↦ 493M, contains all images that required you to update your device to Vibe UI 2.0
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this flash tool is optional download, you already got this flash tool on ROM download but it very recommended to use only this version.
- Download all required files on your computer, this guide is using flash tool method so it need you to install USB VCOM driver so flash tool can recognize your device, on the ROM download there is USB VCOM auto installer so if you difficulty to install manual just use it.
- Extract the ROM download and go to folder flash tool, run flash_tool.exe. If you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, please check DA DL All with Checksum option then click on Scatter-Loading button browse on target_bin folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, this action will automatically load all images to flash tool.
- Now you can press Download button or hit F9, flash tool will become stale condition and waiting your device to me connected, When Download button produce error 8032 then you can try using Firmware ↦ Upgrade button.
- Turn off your device, because Lenovo S850 using non removable battery you must make sure that your device is completely turn off. Connect your device to flash tool using USB cable and flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, it will take 5-6 minutes to finish and will be mark with GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Try to turn it on and do normal boot, first booting will take around 5 minutes so please be patient. Go to dialer and dial ####777# it will do factory reset on your device. Reboot again and your device ready to use.