Lenovo S850 Install TWRP v220.127.116.11 for International and China Firmware
Lenovo S850 Install TWRP v18.104.22.168 for International and China Firmware – This guide will give download link and show how to install TWRP v22.214.171.124 on Lenovo S850, this version TWRP using material design and taste like Android 5.0 Lillipop, below i will show some screenshot.
The files in this download page can be install with mobileuncle, flash tool and with adb commands but in this guide i will show you how to install it using fastboot because i this is simple once compare to another flashing method.
Before following this guide it recommended that you backup your Lenovo standard recovery because once it replace you cannot restore it without flashing whole ROM. So keep play safe and get more fun with modified Lenovo S850.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
Please do your own backup preparation before starting following this guide. (DWYOR)
Screen Shots :
- matwrp.img ↦ this only for china device with china firmware version.
- matwrow.img ↦ this download for device with international or row firmware version
- fastboot-recovery ↦ tool needed to flash the recovery.img to Lenovo S850, this is the easiest way to flash recovery on Lenovo S850
- First you must install ADB driver, you see how to install ADB driver from here
- Then you need to enable USB debugging option, this can be done with :
- Connect your Lenovo S850 to computer, slide down the notification bar, choose USB connection options, then put check on next on USB Debugging.
- Or you can go to System Settings ↦ Developer Options ↦ give check on USB Debugging.
- Download the download file and rename to recovery.img, place it at C:S850 or somewhere elese, download fastboot-recovery and extract it on the same folder.
- Go to C:S850 folder, and then run flash.bat, if you are using windows 7 or later you can run it with administrator privilege
- It will run on the command prompt and show you the progress about the flashing process just wait
- Once it finish your device will reboot automatically and you can disconnect your device.
- done, confirm if the custom recovery already installed by reboot to recovery mode.